Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Upgrade Vista to win 7 or Fresh install windows 7

Upgrade Vista to win 7 or Fresh install windows 7

LSMFT

Buffalo wrote:
> LSMFT wrote:
>
> I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
> Buffalo
> PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

I knew a guy in the Navy that it stood for Lousy Stinking Mother****ing
Timberman. I guess that was as ship.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!

joevan

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:27:05 -0600, "Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>LSMFT wrote:
>
>I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
>Buffalo
>PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

I know, "Lucky Strike Means ****ing tumors."

Dan C

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:54:03 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Why is that?
>>>

>> Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply don't
>> come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared for
>> the original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power supples.
>> 90 watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels that
>> disappeared in home built computers with the 386.

> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak for
> me please?

Sure.

"He's just as stupid as you are".

Hard to believe, but true.

Bugger off, troll boi.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

Anyone

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> lbbss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh install
>> of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper that the
>> full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
>> installing all my software. Thanks.
>>

> That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
> you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Buffalo

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
>> for me please?

> You know the 1000 monkeys typing on 1000 keyboards eventually pounding
> out the works of Shakespeare? The monkeys now are on Usenet posting as
> chucktard.

C'mon Evan, let it go and get on with your life!!!
You sound intelligent, so damn it, think it out and have some fun.
Buffalo

Mike Yetto

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> writes and having writ moves on.
>On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak for
>>me please?

>You know the 1000 monkeys typing on 1000 keyboards eventually pounding
>out the works of Shakespeare? The monkeys now are on Usenet posting as
>chucktard.

Chucktard's posts are probably easier for the monkeys, but you
can check out the last known results of the simulation at
<URL:http://everything2.com/title/Monkey+Shakespeare+Simulator>.

#v+
Rather than match characters from the entire page submitted by
each monkey, the program only read from the beginning of a page
to the end, because it only looks for an exact match as opposed
to the fewest mistakes made by a monkey. Sometime around
February of 2005 the last documented total of characters matched
occured. It was 24 characters matched from Henry IV part 2. Most
likely higher totals were achieved (my highest was sixteen
characters from The Tempest), but unfortunately, they were not
documented. It took 2,737,850 million billion billion billion
monkey-years for them to achieve this record. A year in the
program passes every second. Monkey years are the number of years
multiplied by the number of monkeys.
#v-

Mike "very big numbers, very low probability" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Meat Plow

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:23:05 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:54:03 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>>
>>> joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> (E-Mail Removed):

>>> Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply
>>> don't come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared
>>> for the original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power
>>> supples. 90 watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels
>>> that disappeared in home built computers with the 386.

>> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
>> for me please?

> Sure.
>
> "He's just as stupid as you are".
>
> Hard to believe, but true.
>
> Bugger off, troll boi.

BWaaaaaaaaaaahahah the "format your hard drive" troll calling others
troll. Too ****ing funny, you just can't make this **** up

I guess you are so lonely that the more trolls here in your mind = more
friends. That's ****ing psychotic you witless ****wit.

Dan C

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:09:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:23:05 +0000, Dan C wrote:

>> (E-Mail Removed):

>>> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
>>> for me please?

>> Sure.
>>
>> "He's just as stupid as you are".
>>
>> Hard to believe, but true.
>>
>> Bugger off, troll boi.

> B<SPANK>

I said, "Bugger off, troll boi."

Learn to listen to your superiors, boy.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he tried to learn COBOL.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:59:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:09:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> (E-Mail Removed):

>>> Sure.
>>>
>>> "He's just as stupid as you are".
>>>
>>> Hard to believe, but true.
>>>
>>> Bugger off, troll boi.

>> <cowardly snip restore>
>> BWaaaaaaaaaaahahah the "format your hard drive" troll calling others
>> troll. Too ****ing funny, you just can't make this **** up
>>
>> I guess you are so lonely that the more trolls here in your mind =
>> more friends. That's ****ing psychotic you witless ****wit.

> I said, "Bugger off, troll boi."

Which means less than nothing.

> Learn to listen to your superiors, boy.

You first, ****snot.

Dan C

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:49:05 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> <cowardly snip restore>

Ahhhh, but it's perfectly fine when *YOU* do it, eh? You do it on nearly
every post you make in reply to me. Why is that OK?

LOL. A hypocrite as well as a troll. Nice combo.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he harpooned Flipper.