Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Find the server part of the url, and the virtual root folder

Find the server part of the url, and the virtual root folder

NWx

Hi,

Is there any way to get the server part of the URL, without parsing
request.url by myself?
And also, how van I get the virtual root folder of my application?

Thanks

A Lonely Programmer

> Is there any way to get the server part of the URL, without parsing
> request.url by myself?

You might want to check out the uri class

i think uri.authority might be what you are looking for

"NWx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get the server part of the URL, without parsing
> request.url by myself?
> And also, how van I get the virtual root folder of my application?
>
> Thanks

mikeb

NWx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get the server part of the URL, without parsing
> request.url by myself?
> And also, how van I get the virtual root folder of my application?

Server : Request.Url.Host

of parsing to get rid of the file requested (if there is one in the
URL), if you just want the directory

--
mikeb