Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Converting files

Converting files

Bolooser55

Good day,

I record TV shows with my Daewoo DVD recorder DRV-6705S and can watch these
DVDs on the Daewoo player/recorder itself.

The problem is that I also need to use t a Philips DVD player DVP 3354/12
player to watch these shows and it will not do it. It reads AVI, DIVX, DVD
Video and just about anything but not these files whatever their format is.

I tried to see which files were generated with my computer to convert them
and it says RAW. From what I've read RAW files are for cameras exclusively.
I called Philips and they told me that my player does not read RAW
files...Precious information !

I would like to convert these files generated by the Daewoo into DixX or Avi
files but these files are not recognized in CDBurner XP or Files Analyser or
any other program I've tried (DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, DVD Fab).

Any advice welcome.

TIA