Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bit Flash Player "Square" preview release

64-bit Flash Player "Square" preview release

Dominic Payer

Note: "Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production
machines."

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Jeff Gaines

On 16/09/2010 in message <i6sfv7$2n5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org> Dominic
Payer wrote:

>Note: "Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production
>machines."
>
>http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

What a shame, takes away the overwhelming advantage of 64 bit IE

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they

Kue2

Thanks Dominic
Things are finally starting to move on a 64 bit version

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i6sfv7$2n5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Note: "Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production
> machines."
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Kue2

Got It loaded in Vista 64 Ultimate seems to work very well.
Went to flash player to test, displayed properly gave me
the version I'm running. Looks Good so far...... in Vista 64.
Will load in Win XP 64 next & then Win7 64 after that.
Same as you R.C. have two machines running here, neither
is a test machine.
Older Asus K8VSE Deluxe running Windows 32bit & on
another partition WIN XP 64 bit.
Other machine is my main computer Q9300 quad 8GB ram
running Win7 Vista Home & Vista Ultimate.

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ecom...
> ?Hi, Dominic.
>
> I downloaded Flash "Square" an hour ago and installed it into Win7 x64.
> Programs & Features calls it "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64-bit",
> Version 10.2.161.22. So far, so good. ;<)
>
> Note that, despite all the good advice to the contrary, this is Flash
> (beta) running in 64-bit IE9 (beta) on 64-bit Win7 SP1 (beta) - alongside
> WLMail Wave 4 (beta 2). Not much choice if I want to test things, since
> this is my only computer (except for a seldom-used netbook). So it's both
> my test machine and my production system, as it has been for several
> years.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Dominic Payer" wrote in message
> news:i6sfv7$2n5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>
> Note: "Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production
> machines."
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Kue2

Just loaded Flash "Square" in WIN XP 64, works fine so far....

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ecom...
> ?Hi, Dominic.
>
> I downloaded Flash "Square" an hour ago and installed it into Win7 x64.
> Programs & Features calls it "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64-bit",
> Version 10.2.161.22. So far, so good. ;<)
>
> Note that, despite all the good advice to the contrary, this is Flash
> (beta) running in 64-bit IE9 (beta) on 64-bit Win7 SP1 (beta) - alongside
> WLMail Wave 4 (beta 2). Not much choice if I want to test things, since
> this is my only computer (except for a seldom-used netbook). So it's both
> my test machine and my production system, as it has been for several
> years.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Dominic Payer" wrote in message
> news:i6sfv7$2n5$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>
> Note: "Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production
> machines."
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

roj

Please advise on 64-bit Flash Player installation.
Adobe say "Uninstall previous Flash Player"
Does this mean the 32-bit version or is it refering
to some hypothetical earlier 64-bit version (which
I don't have)?
My system is
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2 (build 3790)

Grateful for advice before jumping off this
particular cliff.
roj
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org> wrote in message
news:i6u7ou$op7$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Just loaded Flash "Square" in WIN XP 64, works fine so far....
>
> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ecom...
>> ?Hi, Dominic.
>>
>> I downloaded Flash "Square" an hour ago and installed it into Win7 x64.
>> Programs & Features calls it "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64-bit", Version
>> 10.2.161.22. So far, so good. ;<)

snip

>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA

Kue2

Yes Roj
unInstall all versions 32 bit or earlier pre-releases of flash player.
The active x & the plugin.
Please be advised this version is "not" perfect. I have already tripped
over a "bug".

"roj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uDKko.318304$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Please advise on 64-bit Flash Player installation.
> Adobe say "Uninstall previous Flash Player"
> Does this mean the 32-bit version or is it refering
> to some hypothetical earlier 64-bit version (which
> I don't have)?
> My system is
> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2 (build 3790)
>
> Grateful for advice before jumping off this
> particular cliff.
> roj
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org> wrote in message
> news:i6u7ou$op7$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Just loaded Flash "Square" in WIN XP 64, works fine so far....
>>
>> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ecom...
>>> ?Hi, Dominic.
>>>
>>> I downloaded Flash "Square" an hour ago and installed it into Win7 x64.
>>> Programs & Features calls it "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 64-bit",
>>> Version 10.2.161.22. So far, so good. ;<)

> snip
>
>>> RC
>>> --
>>> R. C. White, CPA

Kue2

RC
Here's an interesting side note
Both the sites we found not displaying correctly in IE8 with adobe's
square "work" when using the chrome browser(latest beta version).
www.pbskids.org & bell speed test http://206.47.199.107/