Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is Vodaphone going to fix their email system?

Is Vodaphone going to fix their email system?

Matty F

Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

Simon

On Sep 15, 8:11*pm, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

They're too busy drooling over the thought of carving up the former
analogue TV spectrum.

Richard

On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

No they are not from what I have heard.

Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
email address when you purchase internet access.

Matty F

On Sep 16, 8:36 pm, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
>
> > Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

> No they are not from what I have heard.
>
> Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
> email address when you purchase internet access.

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/forum/8-network-issues/

Email problems on Sept 14, 11, Aug 25, 23, 20, 17, 16.

I have a friend travelling around the world who is often unable to
contact me and my emails to him sometimes bounce. But not always.Only
sometimes, OK?

Robin Halligan

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:36:03 +1200, Richard wrote:

> On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
>> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

> No they are not from what I have heard.
>
> Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
> email address when you purchase internet access.

Vodafone/ihug have been having Bad latency issues for a couple of months
now ever since they changed their overseas provider to vorcus they have
lost a number of people to other providers.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ---

Squiggle

On 16/09/2010 8:36 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
> On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
>> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

> No they are not from what I have heard.
>
> Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
> email address when you purchase internet access.

And for those of us that want the email address? Its there, nobody is
forcing you to use it.

Perhaps we should encourage Vodafone, Telecom et al to drop the data
aspects of mobile telephony and stick to pure voice service only, it is
access to a cellular "telephone" network you purchase.

Robin Halligan

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:48:40 +1200, Robin Halligan wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:36:03 +1200, Richard wrote:
>
>> On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
>>> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

>> No they are not from what I have heard.
>>
>> Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
>> email address when you purchase internet access.

> Vodafone/ihug have been having Bad latency issues for a couple of months
> now ever since they changed their overseas provider to vorcus they have
> lost a number of people to other providers.

Sorry thats VOCUS and its been going on since late july
have a look at the forun and see the bullshit vodafone put forward

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/topic/5643-high-latancy/

this from one poster

"to be honest i have lost faith in the customer service ... im sure there
is a lot about our account if you look in the logs and well till people
higher up the chain got involved we were told it was equipment all the time
.... when it wasn't that it was another reason ....

turned out it was a "capacitor" on our line that was causing the issues ...

we even got told that our "house has moved away from the exchange" < that
is about were my faith fully left.... i can put up with the long waits (at
that time anyway) and repeated possible issues but the likes of a house
somehow moving really just showed how pointless it was getting... "

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: (E-Mail Removed) ---