Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > c++0x

c++0x

Vladimir Jovic

Hello,

Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
even discuss code and examples.

Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
something like this:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
how to use.

Ian Collins

On 09/14/10 07:50 PM, Vladimir Jovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
> it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
> even discuss code and examples.
>
> Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
> something like this:
> http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
> What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
> how to use.

Two handy links:

http://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xF...ailability.htm

http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html

--
Ian Collins

James Kanze

On Sep 14, 8:50 am, Vladimir Jovic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about
> c++0x like it was released long time ago and implemented by
> all compilers. They even discuss code and examples.

That's called wishful thinking. Some (but far from all) of the
innovations in C++0x have been implemented in some compilers,
using a preliminary draft which may change before it is finally
adopted. In practice, if you want to write portable code,
you'll have to wait.

> Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x
> draft, but something like
> this:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

There can't be, since the standard doesn't exist yet.

--
James Kanze

Stuart Golodetz

James Kanze wrote:
> On Sep 14, 8:50 am, Vladimir Jovic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about
>> c++0x like it was released long time ago and implemented by
>> all compilers. They even discuss code and examples.

> That's called wishful thinking. Some (but far from all) of the
> innovations in C++0x have been implemented in some compilers,
> using a preliminary draft which may change before it is finally
> adopted. In practice, if you want to write portable code,
> you'll have to wait.

....particularly since different compiler writers have chosen to
implement different features

Stu

>> Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x
>> draft, but something like
>> this:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

> There can't be, since the standard doesn't exist yet.
>
> --
> James Kanze

Saeed Amrollahi

On Sep 14, 10:50*am, Vladimir Jovic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
> it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
> even discuss code and examples.
>
> Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
> something like this:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
> What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
> how to use.

Hi

Besides what other wrote, my main reference for C++0x is the
C++0x FAQ page by Bjarne Stroustrup:
http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html
The following paper by Bjarne Stroustrup is really good:
What is C++0x?. CVu. Vol 21, Issues 4 and 5. 2009.
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/what-is-2009.pdf
You can see the DevX website for various short papers about single
features
of C++0x. Also the Just Software Solutions company focus on Threads
and Concurrency.
I use GCC 4.5.0, and they implemented reasonably considerable features
of core language
and library.

Regards,
-- Saeed Amrollahi