Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Any news on comp.lang.c++ newsgroup?

Any news on comp.lang.c++ newsgroup?

Andy Venikov

This question is for the moderators of comp.lang.c++

It's been down for a couple of weeks now already.
Is there any news as to when it's going to be back online?

Thanks,
Andy.

Andy Venikov

On 9/13/2010 4:34 PM, Victor Bazarov wrote:
> On 9/13/2010 4:20 PM, Andy Venikov wrote:
>> This question is for the moderators of comp.lang.c++

> I trust you meant comp.lang.c++.moderated.

Yes, of course. Sorry.

>> It's been down for a couple of weeks now already.

> Yes, it's painful to all of us.
>
>> Is there any news as to when it's going to be back online?

> We're still waiting to hear something from one of our moderators who
> have access to the malfunctioning hardware/software on a much more
> intimate level than the rest of us. We hope that their expertise and
> rapport with the department where the server resides will help.
>
> Sorry for not bringing any better news.

Thanks. We'll be waiting with our fingers crossed

Andy.

Balog Pal

"Andy Venikov" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> This question is for the moderators of comp.lang.c++

do you mean comp.lang.c++.moderated ?

> It's been down for a couple of weeks now already.

Indeed last post looks at Aug.30.

> Is there any news as to when it's going to be back online?

Does that group provide any value over the alternatives like this one?

I mean nowadays, not in some distant past.