Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > problem with code

problem with code

Neredbojias

On 22 Sep 2010, Lewis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In message <i7al8h$po2$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
> William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 9/19/2010 6:27 AM, Lewis wrote:
>>> In message <i6qijl$3aj$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org> William Gill
>>>
>>> You are.

>> ?? Is this your feeble attempt at humor, or were you raised
>> completely devoid of manners?

> You misunderstood. You are looking at the source. One of the sources,
> at least.
>
>> I wasn't aware that the html displayed in firebug included browser
>> inserted optional closing tags, until seeing rf's post, and did some
>> experimenting on my own. Hadn't given it much thought previously,
>> but as you point out I am the only one who hadn't realized this.

> No, that is not what I meant at all.
>
> As I went on to explain:
>
>>> Trouble is, there are TWO sources. One is the document that is on
>>> the server and the other is what the server actually sends you. In
>>> general, the latter is far more useful.

Yeahbut so what? The comparison is between "what the server actually
sends you" and the dom as parsed by the browser. _Those_ are the "two
sources" in question.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Neredbojias

On 22 Sep 2010, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Dan <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sep 19, 5:18*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit)
>>wrote:
>>> BTW this file is pretty good, the only problem is that some tags
>>> were not closed. You close it, then the result is OK.

>>That's sort of like saying that Lincoln's trip to the theater was
>>pretty good, the only problem was that he got shot. Take out the
>>shooting, then the result is OK.

> Is is so difficult to close the open tags ?
> Your comparison is stupid !

Well, I never shot anyone, but it seems like it would be pretty easy,
too. Noisy though.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Mike Duffy

William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:i7bf57$pad$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> back saying he (someone) had "fixed" it w/o him having to learn or
> understand anything.

I hate when that happens. You spend hours monkeying with the code,
making it worse and worse and feeling like a bug in the whirlpool
circling the drain. Then before you go bed (late) you decide to at
least fix it up to how it was before you started with all of the minor
changes, each of which was not signicant enough to warrant a backup.
And when you do, that damn thing works like a charm, but you feel
cheated somehow out of learning whatever you did to correct it.

--
http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/index.htm

Dan

On Sep 22, 5:36*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
> Is is so difficult to close the open tags ?
> Your comparison is stupid !

To the original poster, apparently it is... he was told about that
problem, apparently, the last time he sought help years ago, and again
this time, and has steadfastly refused to correct the problem anyway.