Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Minimal-D

Reply
Thread Tools

Minimal-D

 
 
Kruptein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2010
Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
"things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

The program is currently in alpha, but it would be nice if some people
tried it out and pointed out some minors,goodies or things that should/
could be appended.

It is written in python 2.6 but 2.4 should be good enough, you also
need wxPython 2.8.
It is wriiten for linux so if you're on windows use it on your own
responsability.

you can download a .deb or a .tar.gz from launchpad: http://launchpad.net/d-cm
my email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)


further information: http://kruptology.blogspot.com/2010/...imal-d-02.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2010
In message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Kruptein
wrote:

> Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
> "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
> are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.


We have that already. It’s called a ”Linux distro”.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kruptein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2010
On Sep 13, 3:23*am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Kruptein
> wrote:
>
> > Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
> > "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. *These things
> > are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

>
> We have that already. Its called a Linux distro.


Well I didn't know that although I use it perhaps daily?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-13-2010
In message <798a0db8-0ef0-4f35-9427-
(E-Mail Removed)>, Kruptein wrote:

> On Sep 13, 3:23 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand>
> wrote:
>
>> In message
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Kruptein wrote:
>>
>> > Hey I'm creating a program called minimal-d which brings together many
>> > "things" you would otherwise use seperate to develop. These things
>> > are a file-manager,text-editor,ftp-client and sql-client.

>>
>> We have that already. It’s called a ”Linux distro”.

>
> Well I didn't know that although I use it perhaps daily?


You didn’t know that all those features are just a checkbox in the package
manager away?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments