Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Zero Key

Wireless Zero Key

=?Utf-8?B?R2FyZXRo?=

Hello,

Let me start this off by saying, "Yes, I could just go get it from the
person that owns the router." Just read on...

Here on my college campus, there are several wireless networks available.
Most people encrypt their networks just for the sake of general security. I
have several keys from friends on my floor, but sometimes I'd also like to
share them (with their permission of course) to people like my roommate, or
someone who spends the night.

This would be easy to do, except when you bring up a key in Window's
Wireless Zero config, it's blocked out so you can't see the data for that
wireless key. I've already tried several "Password Reveal" programs, but
they claim they can't get past it either.

I want to be able to read this key information, whether it be with an
advanced password revealer, or some way of reading a file or registry key
value. Thanks!