Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Office 2010 under Windows 7

Office 2010 under Windows 7

Thomas Schuster

Hi all,

I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7
64-bit professional edition.

Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file
associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a
dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead
of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file
associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version.
Unfortunately that does not change anything.

Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue?
Thanks,
Thomas

Bobby Johnson

There are Office forums @
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...-US/categories which might
be a better place to ask about this. I did exactly the same thing on my
computer, Office 2007 to 2010, but never encountered any problems.