Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error Creating New ASP.NET web service

Error Creating New ASP.NET web service

=?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQcnVkaG9l?=

When I simply try to create a new ASP.NET web service in VS.NET 2003 on W2k/IIS5 i get this message...

"The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/webservice1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Error'

and in the event log there are two indentical entries as follows..

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80131534

Can anybody help
Thank
Nick Prudhoe

S. Justin Gengo

Nick,

You might have a bad installation there. The first thing I would try is
re-setting the .Net installation for asp.net related items.

There is a fast way to do this from the .Net command prompt:

Open the Visual Studio.Net command prompt (Start - All Programs - Microsoft
Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio.Net 2003 Tools - Visual Studio.Net
2003 Command Prompt) and then enter:

aspnet_regiis -r

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

"Nick Prudhoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I simply try to create a new ASP.NET web service in VS.NET 2003 on

W2k/IIS5 i get this message....

> "The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or

open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/webservice1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Error'.

> and in the event log there are two indentical entries as follows...
>
> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.

Error: 0x80131534

> Can anybody help?
> Thanks
> Nick Prudhoe

=?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQcnVkaG9l?=

Sorry, no luck. I should have said I have already tried the following things..

Re-installed VS.NE
Re-installed II
ran aspnet_regiis -i (and now -r as well
changed machine.config to use SYSTEM instead of MACHIN
added ASPNET to local admin
manually created an aspx page ran it and got the same event log entrie
ran IIS under my specific local admin accoun

I'm really stuck!