Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Cell phone battery question

Re: Cell phone battery question

Meat Plow

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

> I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out of
> your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
>
> So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
> charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
>
> Thanks in advance

Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
fully charged battery right?

Meat Plow

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:09:08 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

> On 9/9/2010 4:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:
>>
>>> I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out
>>> of your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
>>>
>>> So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
>>> charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

>> Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
>> fully charged battery right?

> yes, but re-read my question

All i could think of at the time was a funny answer. I knew that it was
to init the battery but couldn't put it into words I did a full init
on the battery in my now 6 yr old Asus M6N laptop and it still holds
an hour+ charge with full brightness on the screen. The init took
something like 20 hours. So yes it is very important to charge a LiOn
battery completely. My LG phone has a LiPo battery, haven't researched
if the same hold true for it.

joet@wreq.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/9/2010 4:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:
>>
>>> I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out of
>>> your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
>>>
>>> So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
>>> charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

>> Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
>> fully charged battery right?

>yes, but re-read my question
>
>I should have googled first, I found the answer here:

If everyone "googled" there wouldn't be Usenet. Nor would the jerks
who keep reminding you to "google" first have a life.