Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Q re Betamax software

Q re Betamax software

david

Is this just my system?
I use Betamax (SMSlisto) software caller.
I'm generally happy, and you can't beat the price.
But sometimes "VOIP Client" remains in the Windows XP taskbar and wont
go away with "right click; close". I expect it to remain in the right
hand side section of the taskbar - but not the main part.

David

Graham.

"david" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this just my system?
> I use Betamax (SMSlisto) software caller.
> I'm generally happy, and you can't beat the price.

You might want to jump ship to smartvoip.com when your credit expires.
UK mobile calls are even cheaper although minimum topup is 15 instead of 10 Euros

> But sometimes "VOIP Client" remains in the Windows XP taskbar and wont
> go away with "right click; close". I expect it to remain in the right
> hand side section of the taskbar - but not the main part.

Mom I use a hardware solution for making calls, but the soft has always been
well behaved when I have used it. The only thing I can think of is uninstall
it and download it afresh.
You can also use a 3rd party softphone such as x-lite

Have you considered purchasing an IP phone or an ATA? Much more convenient
than talking into a computer.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Incoming number on betamax companies RH UK VOIP 2 03-04-2006 10:29 AM
Finarea >>> Betamax paul123 UK VOIP 10 01-08-2006 12:23 PM
Hollywood is Trying to Kill Betamax! Why? Silichip DVD Video 74 09-21-2004 07:19 AM
Hollywood is Trying to Kill Betamax! Why? Silichip DVD Video 3 09-15-2004 06:26 PM
SD Cards = BetaMax? Rob Digital Photography 29 02-29-2004 07:07 PM

Advertisments