Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64

Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64

Jon Mitchell

Hi,

Recently, I have found that I am unable to add or remove video files to or
from Windows Media Player on Windows 7 Professional x64.

The main issue I have is with adding new .MP4 files.

I can still add and remove music files to and from Windows Media Player.

I have set up all my folder permissions correctly.

I have added all the relevant files to my Videos Library.

Windows Media Player can still play .MP4 files. It is the default player
for this format.

My full system specs. are included below.

Thank you.

--
BadHead
--

OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom I I X4 965 Black Edition
RAM: 8Gb
GPU: Asus Matrix 5870 Platinum Edition
SSD: OcZ Vertex 90Gb; HDD: 5.60Tb
===