Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE 32 vs IE 64

IE 32 vs IE 64

QuantumUniverses

In Windows 7 I have both: why not only 64 if the machine is 64 based?

QU

Carlos

Hi,
There are many plug-ins (e.g. "Flash") that currently work only in 32-bit
mode.
So, if you want to retain your full IE features, you still need IE 32-bit.
Same goes for Windows Media Player: you have both.
Some codecs are still not available in 64-bit, but not many.
Carlos