Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [Q] Function Point Analysis (FPA) - Equivalent lines of code of Python

[Q] Function Point Analysis (FPA) - Equivalent lines of code of Python

Nicholas

Hi,

In FPA, there are tables which shows equivalent lines of code for
each Function Point (FP) for a number of programming languages.

e.g. http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/func...ble/index.html

However, I have yet to find the figures for Python.

Is someone able to advise the closest language equivalent.

Regards

Paul Rubin

Nicholas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> e.g. http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/func...ble/index.html
> However, I have yet to find the figures for Python.
> Is someone able to advise the closest language equivalent.

That table looks pretty bogus, but of the languages on the list, perl is
probably about the closest to python in spirit and code density.

John Roth

On Sep 9, 2:30*am, Nicholas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * In FPA, there are tables which shows equivalent lines of code for
> each Function Point (FP) for a number of programming languages.
>
> * e.g.http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/func...es-table/index....
>
> * However, I have yet to find the figures for Python.
>
> * Is someone able to advise the closest language equivalent.
>
> Regards

Function points do not translate to lines of code except when they're
standardized across a specific organization's portfolio of software. I
agree with Paul, any global table trying to do that is going to be
pretty bogus.

John Roth

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Nicholas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>> http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/func...int-languages-

table/index.html

> That table looks pretty bogus ...

Dead giveaways are the disparity between the Ada, C++ and PL/I figures, and
the fact that FORTRAN scores lower than C. Plus the inclusion of HTML and
Dotnet on a par with the others. And what are “Web Scripts", if not
JavaScript?