Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with Mac OS X and Microsoft Word

Problem with Mac OS X and Microsoft Word

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk

I have noticed for a while that there seem to be some problems with
Microsoft Word ever since I installed Mac OS X last year.

More specifically, when doing a spell check on text written on Microsoft
Word, I notice that I no longer have the ability to add words that the
spell checker doesn't recognise.

Has anybody else noticed this problem? What can be done to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

nospam

In article <cBUho.186$(E-Mail Removed)2>, <"(E-Mail Removed)">
wrote:

> I have noticed for a while that there seem to be some problems with
> Microsoft Word ever since I installed Mac OS X last year.
>
> More specifically, when doing a spell check on text written on Microsoft
> Word, I notice that I no longer have the ability to add words that the
> spell checker doesn't recognise.
>
> Has anybody else noticed this problem? What can be done to rectify it?

which version of microsoft word?

Jim Gibson

wrote:

> I have noticed for a while that there seem to be some problems with
> Microsoft Word ever since I installed Mac OS X last year.
>
> More specifically, when doing a spell check on text written on Microsoft
> Word, I notice that I no longer have the ability to add words that the
> spell checker doesn't recognise.
>
> Has anybody else noticed this problem? What can be done to rectify it?

You have to define a user dictionary to hold the added words. Look for
that option.

--
Jim Gibson

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk

On 09/09/2010 00:35, nospam wrote:
> In article<cBUho.186$(E-Mail Removed)2>,<"hounslo (E-Mail Removed)">
> wrote:
>
>> I have noticed for a while that there seem to be some problems with
>> Microsoft Word ever since I installed Mac OS X last year.
>>
>> More specifically, when doing a spell check on text written on Microsoft
>> Word, I notice that I no longer have the ability to add words that the
>> spell checker doesn't recognise.
>>
>> Has anybody else noticed this problem? What can be done to rectify it?

> which version of microsoft word?

Microsoft Word Mac 2008, version 12.2.6.

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk

On 09/09/2010 01:19, Jim Gibson wrote:
> In article<cBUho.186$(E-Mail Removed)2>,<"hounslo (E-Mail Removed)">
> wrote:
>
>> I have noticed for a while that there seem to be some problems with
>> Microsoft Word ever since I installed Mac OS X last year.
>>
>> More specifically, when doing a spell check on text written on Microsoft
>> Word, I notice that I no longer have the ability to add words that the
>> spell checker doesn't recognise.
>>
>> Has anybody else noticed this problem? What can be done to rectify it?

> You have to define a user dictionary to hold the added words. Look for
> that option.

I'm not sure how to do that, to be honest.