Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Google, YouTube and ToR; Internet Repression And Censorship

Google, YouTube and ToR; Internet Repression And Censorship

Ari Silverstein

What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.

The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive. All
comments here or Wilders is requested.

Nomen Nescio

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
>
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
accessed it with TOR.

Nomen Nescio

> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.

> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

> The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive. All
> comments here or Wilders is requested.

I should think that if Tor was really interested in privacy, that
they would not publish their nodes. his seems to be the root of
this Google/YouTube problem.

Ari Silverstein

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:05:58 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
>> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
>>
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

> They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
> accessed it with TOR.

Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
IP logins?

Typically, these vBulletin® forums have automatic or manual (with or
without alerts) admin mechanisms that can shut down multiple IP logins
and/or refuse to allow stated IP addresses. ToR exit nodes are
published. Proxy IP addresses can be easily obtained. Both could then
be imported.

It's their forum, they can do as they please. I gots me an "Ari
Silverstein" forger on there. *LOL*
--
´Looking Above and Beyond the Ramp: A Study of Buffalo Students˙
Attitudes toward Alternative Modes of Transportation"

Ari Silverstein

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:09:50 +0000 (UTC), p wrote:

> Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> What started as video conference joke has become a project

> that has
>> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
>>
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181
>>
>> The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive.
>> All comments here or Wilders is requested.

> This is of course, just the beginning. Google will become
> synonymous with Big Brother and control of users/profiling of
> users.

The closer they tie themselves to government acquired data, the more
data mining can be accomplished, the greater the threat is that your
privacy will eventually be /totally/ eroded.

> Of course when scumbags are allowed to operate Tor nodes,as
> they are, this gives the gov/and gov affilated corps like
> Google extra incentive to become facist in their actions.

What a reach. lol
--

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:15:07 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

>> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
>> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.

>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

>> The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive. All
>> comments here or Wilders is requested.

> I should think that if Tor was really interested in privacy, that
> they would not publish their nodes.

ToR isn't interested in privacy.

> this seems to be the root of this Google/YouTube problem.

Juries out, I'm unsure that anything can be found conclusive...except
the YouTube access shutdown. That's too bizarre to be a coincidence.

Nomen Nescio

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:05:58 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
> >> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
> >>
> >> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

> > They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
> > accessed it with TOR.

> Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
> IP logins?

Sorry to be confusing. It was Gmail that shut my account down.

Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:25:08 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:05:58 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

>>> They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
>>> accessed it with TOR.

>> Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
>> IP logins?

> Sorry to be confusing. It was Gmail that shut my account down.

No problem. Did you use ToR and how long until they shut you down? Did
they ask for you to verify the account?
--
´Looking Above and Beyond the Ramp: A Study of Buffalo Students˙
Attitudes toward Alternative Modes of Transportation"

Nomen Nescio

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:25:08 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
> >> IP logins?

> > Sorry to be confusing. It was Gmail that shut my account down.

> No problem. Did you use ToR and how long until they shut you down? Did
> they ask for you to verify the account?

I setup the account via TOR. After logging out from setting it up, I
logged in again via TOR but found myself locked out. The error page
it suggested I check listed several possible causes for being locked
out, including (something close to) 'actual or percieved access of
the service using unapproved software.'

I had to use my cell phone to get it back on, which I did, but I
abandon the account at that point.

I've mentioned this here before, but there are other with no problems
using TOR with gmail.

Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:20:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

Backs what PooseyII is saying.