Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Chrome

Chrome

jones

Looking to change to a better browser, is Chrome the way to go?

Thanks
Katherine

jones

>> jones wrote:
>> Looking to change to a better browser, is Chrome the way to go?

> Well, an informed answer would be best served by knowing what you're
> currently using, what you don't like about it, and what features you're
> specifically looking for in a new browser. My crystal ball's batteries
> died last week.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net/
> Chastity is curable if detected early.

Sorry Ed

I have Firefox 3.6.8 (after changing from IE quite some time ago) and XP
Home.

Just curious to see if Chrome is a natural progression from Firefox, which I
still like, and what do others find better in Chrome that wasn't in Firefox?

Thanks for your interest
Katherine

jones

> Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/20096...wout_2010.html
>
> I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
> and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
> Mozilla-based browsers.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net/
> Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
> bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

Thank you Ed, interesting article. I really like your words under your
signature

Katherine

jones

> Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/20096...wout_2010.html
>
> I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
> and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
> Mozilla-based browsers.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net/
> Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
> bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing negative
posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

Thanks
Katherine

Justin

jones wrote on [Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:33:17 +1000]:
>> Here's one article comparing the top browsers:
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/20096...wout_2010.html
>>
>> I use SeaMonkey 2 (and Firefox 3 sometimes). I also have Safari, Opera
>> and IE8. I've tried Chrome and it is very fast. I still prefer the
>> Mozilla-based browsers.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Mullen
>> http://edmullen.net/
>> Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Say a
>> bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

> me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
> going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing negative
> posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

It worked just fine on XPSP3

jones

>> me again - I checked out the well-written article in the link above. Was
>> going to try Chrome, but when I did a google search, I kept seeing
>> negative
>> posts about not working with XP? What do you think?

> It worked just fine on XPSP3

Thank you - I will put it on my to-do list

Katherine

Google Chrome OS, Odds are stacked against Chrome OS's success Max Burke NZ Computing 1 07-11-2009 04:38 AM
Chrome files cameron Firefox 0 02-05-2005 08:47 PM
chrome? William W. Plummer Firefox 13 08-26-2004 05:52 AM
chrome SiD` Firefox 0 06-02-2004 11:13 AM
What is chrome? Mark P Firefox 3 02-13-2004 06:26 AM

Advertisments