Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 - only share folder with certain computers on homegroup

Windows 7 - only share folder with certain computers on homegroup

Jason

How do I allow only certain computers on our network to access certain
folders?

I have my music folder that can be accessed by any pc on our network but
wish to limit other folder to certain pc not all of them.

Can anyone advise how I could do this ?

Oh I have Windows 7 and the other pc's in the house are all Vista.

Kerry Brown

Permissions in Windows are based on users, not computers. You have to create
identical users with identical passwords on all the computers then give
users permissions to shares based on who you want to access the shares.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...