Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 2 APs, 1 LAN and a Notebook

2 APs, 1 LAN and a Notebook

Stephan Polster

HI NG!

I've a problem with my Notebook and WLAN.

The environment is as follows:

1 LAN where a Netgear WGT624 is installed with WLAN enabled. I've got a
Notebook with WLAN enabled and connect to that WGT624 via WLAN, that works
fine. The problem is, that the notbook is installed on a stacker in our
warehouse and when he reached a far point in that warehouse the connection
is lost. So I decided to install another WLAN Router WPN802 on the other far
end of our warehouse. I installed 2 WLAN SIDs called "Point1" and "Point2".
Now in network environment of the WLAN I can only say in the hierarchy first
connect to "Point1" and second connect to "Point2" or use first "Point2" and
then "Point1".

The Notebook connects the the Point1 and when the connection is lost he does
not automatically connect to Point2. When he is connected to Point2 and has
lost communication he does not connect automatically to Point1. Is there
anything I can do, that my Notebook always stays connected to LAN via WLAN
whatever he is in range from?

Please help.

Best Regards.

S.Polster

Zhong Deng [MSFT]

Try to make both AP have the same SSID. When the connection is lost to one
AP, if the other AP is in range, the notebook will be roamed to the latter
AP.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...