Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Clipboard

Clipboard

Bernie Beal

Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

Also, how long do entries remain on the Clipboard?

Bernie Beal.

Jeff Gaines

On 02/09/2010 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Bernie
Beal wrote:

>Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

Yes (rtfClipFormats is a Rich Text Box):

private void GetFormats()
{
IDataObject iData = Clipboard.GetDataObject();
String[] arrayOfFormats = iData.GetFormats(false);
rtfClipFormats.Clear();
foreach (string dataType in arrayOfFormats)
rtfClipFormats.Text = rtfClipFormats.Text + dataType + Environment.NewLine;
}

You can call the function from a timer or just when needed.

>Also, how long do entries remain on the Clipboard?

Usually until something replaces it, although some programs offer to clear
the Clipboard on exit.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Bernie Beal" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

On which OS? XP's clipbrd.exe gives you some views of what is there.

Also, what I used to do with it, is use its File, Save command and then
browse with Notepad the *.clp file that procedure creates. That gives even
more (semi-readable) clues. ; )

I wonder if PowerShell has some functions for working with the
ClipBoard?...

Maybe not? It looks as if someone had to write some extensions for it to
do that...

http://pscx.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Clipboard%20

Still, if there's source for that Get-Clipboard function it could give you
some ideas about how you could list whatever knowledge PowerShell has of the
current ClipBoard contents.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

R. C. White

Hi, Bernie.

One clumsy way is just to open Notepad and press <Ctrl>+V. This Pastes the
Clipboard contents into Notepad, where you can read it. At least, if the
contents are Plain Text. Otherwise you might need to Paste it into Word or
Excel or whatever app it was Copied to the Clipboard from.

How long do they remain? Until you Copy something else, which overwrites
what was there.

There are third-party clipboards that can store a stack of entries and peel
off the one you select, but I've never used one of those and can't think of
the name of one at the moment.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bernie Beal" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Is there a way to view what is on my Clipboard at any given time?

Also, how long do entries remain on the Clipboard?

Bernie Beal.

Zaidy036

look at Ditto http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/