Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIPTalk and Powwownow

VoIPTalk and Powwownow

John

Can anyone shed any light on the problem I am having when dialling
Powwownow's US conference number +1 712 432 2888 from my VoIPTalk SIP
account? The number is always answered automatically by a service
called 'royaltyfreemusic.com' with a repeated message and goes no
further. The number is accessible when dialling from a US landline or
Vonage but both VoIPTalk and Powwownow say its nothing to do with
them! VoIPTalk confirm my findings and get the same result. I have
no other connectivity issues with VoIPTalk.

Brian A

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 04:55:22 -0700, John wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light on the problem I am having when dialling
> Powwownow's US conference number +1 712 432 2888 from my VoIPTalk SIP
> account? The number is always answered automatically by a service
> called 'royaltyfreemusic.com' with a repeated message and goes no
> further. The number is accessible when dialling from a US landline or
> Vonage but both VoIPTalk and Powwownow say its nothing to do with them!
> VoIPTalk confirm my findings and get the same result. I have no other
> connectivity issues with VoIPTalk.

I tried the number via justvoip and vyke. In both cases I got
unobtainable. You might try via a US provider and see if that works.
It's easy to get a US number if you look around on the Net.
I suspect that they may block calls that appear to come from the UK to
the US number because they want to make money on the UK 0844 number.

Theo Markettos

Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I suspect that they may block calls that appear to come from the UK to
> the US number because they want to make money on the UK 0844 number.

I wonder if they're doing some routing based on CLID? Perhaps try
withholding your CLID and see what happens?

Theo