Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Iceland

Iceland

dc

Iceland : a new gallery on my website

http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm

and also :

Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

sid

dc wrote:

> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
>
> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm

they are very nice, thank you

--
sid
RLU 300284

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
dc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
>
> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm
>
> and also :
>
> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.

The link for "Blue Lagoon" is spelled wrong.

dc

Le 02/09/2010 02:44, Kevin McMurtrie a écrit :
> In article<4c7ea638$0$5421$(E-Mail Removed) e.fr>,
> dc<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
>>
>> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm
>>
>> and also :
>>
>> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
>> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
>> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

> Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
>
> The link for "Blue Lagoon" is spelled wrong.

Thank you. The link is fixed.

Peter

"Kevin McMurtrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4c7ef361$0$22182$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> dc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
>>
>> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm
>>
>> and also :
>>
>> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
>> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
>> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

> Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.

It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could easily
become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

--
Peter

John Albert

RE:
"Iceland : a new gallery on my website
http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm "

Very nice.

A seemingly desolate land, but upon closer examination, not so.

It might well become "one of the last places on Earth" for
the Euros....

- John

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <4c7f8d96$0$5555$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>,
"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Kevin McMurtrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4c7ef361$0$22182$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> > dc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
> >>
> >> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.f...Islaccueil.htm
> >>
> >> and also :
> >>
> >> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
> >> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
> >> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

> > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
> >

> It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could easily
> become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
> person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
> majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

Hah, it doesn't all have to be in one photo. I saw mostly landscape
photos and wondered how the people lived there.

Peter

"Kevin McMurtrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4c8060cc$0$22137$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <4c7f8d96$0$5555$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>,
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Kevin McMurtrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4c7ef361$0$22182$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
>> >

>> It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could
>> easily
>> become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
>> person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
>> majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

> Hah, it doesn't all have to be in one photo. I saw mostly landscape
> photos and wondered how the people lived there.

That is a different issue. I don't think that people in a place photography
is
landscape photography. It falls more into the category of photo journalism.

There are some interesting comments in Wikipedia on the question. Note the
comments about people, which I think should only be incorporated in a
landscape, if they are part of the landscape, or add perspective.

"Landscape photography is a genre intended to show different spaces within
the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. This
popular style of photography is practiced by professionals and amateurs
alike. Photographs typically capture the presence of nature and are often
free of man-made obstructions. Landscape photographers usually attempt to
convey an appreciation of the world.

Many landscape photographers show little or no human activity in their
photos, striving to attain pure, unsullied landscapes[1] that are devoid of
human influence, using instead subjects such as strongly defined landforms,
weather, and ambient light. Despite this, there is no pure or absolute
definition of what makes a landscape in photography, as such it has become
very broad term, encompassing urban, industrial, macro and nature
photography. A beach full of parasols and sunbathers can be a landscape
photo, but so can the view through an electron microscope, which shows a
different type of landscape. Waterfalls and mountains are especially popular
in classic landscape photography, often calling for Large Format cameras[2]
and neutral density or polarizing filters. Though many photographs are
inspired by traditional landscape painting, the term in photography broader;
most places and things can be photographed as a landscape, a kitchen, a
lamp, a wall, or even the human body[3] can be turned into a rolling vista
by a skilled photographer."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_photography

--
Peter

[Photos] - Pictures from Iceland Ram Digital Photography 0 09-11-2008 02:43 PM
Iceland Gaston Digital Photography 14 07-09-2008 01:36 AM
Visiting Greenland and Iceland - cameras in cold weather asdf3b Digital Photography 4 12-16-2007 12:59 AM

Advertisments