Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > New thunderbird problems

New thunderbird problems

Tony

So what's up with the newest version? In newsgroups I can't expand all
links using Ctrl* . The old version had a problem doing that
sporadically when set to expand all groups, but now Ctrl* doesn't even
open them up, I have to click on the "+" for each thread. I'd also like
the reply button back were it was. Oh, I forget how to make it keep
links as one line instead of word wrapping them. Help! Do I go back to
an older version or is there different settings to fix this?

leonard hofstadter

Tony wrote:
> So what's up with the newest version? In newsgroups I can't expand all
> links using Ctrl* . The old version had a problem doing that
> sporadically when set to expand all groups, but now Ctrl* doesn't even
> open them up, I have to click on the "+" for each thread. I'd also like
> the reply button back were it was. Oh, I forget how to make it keep
> links as one line instead of word wrapping them. Help! Do I go back to
> an older version or is there different settings to fix this?

I am still on version 2 and the * works fine here, no Ctrl needed, its
just *.

Tony Miklos

On 9/1/2010 12:12 PM, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:37:30 -0400, in message
> Tony wrote:

>> rv:1.9.2. Gecko/20100802 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.2

>> So what's up with the newest version? In newsgroups I can't expand all
>> links using Ctrl* . The old version had a problem doing that
>> sporadically when set to expand all groups, but now Ctrl* doesn't even
>> open them up, I have to click on the "+" for each thread.

> Using Thunderbird 3.1.2 here, these work for me...
>
> * expands all threads ( not Ctrl * )
> \ collapses all threads

Sorry for the very late reply, I think I was thinking shift * but was
pressing Ctrl * instead.