Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 update improves graphics performance

Windows 7 update improves graphics performance

Carlos

There is an optional update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
that claims to improve graphics performance.
Here is the download link
I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
Carlos

Jeff Layman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is an optional update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
> that claims to improve graphics performance.
> Here is the download link.
> I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
> Carlos

Thanks for the link(s).

"An update is available for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2 which
provides new functionality and performance improvements for the graphics
platform". Now all I have to do is find out what the new functionality is -
unless I'm missing something, MS don't actually say what this is! It'll be
interesting to see what the performance improvement is, too.

--

Jeff

Jerry

These updates are supposed to be for Win7 Dx 11 - as opposed to Win7
graphics

"Jeff Layman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i5m9bg$m6s$(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There is an optional update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
>> that claims to improve graphics performance.
>> Here is the download link.
>> I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
>> Carlos

> Thanks for the link(s).
>
> "An update is available for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2 which
> provides new functionality and performance improvements for the graphics
> platform". Now all I have to do is find out what the new functionality
> is - unless I'm missing something, MS don't actually say what this is!
> It'll be interesting to see what the performance improvement is, too.
>
> --
>
> Jeff

Kue2

Hi Carlos
Thanks for posting, I loaded the update for direct x 11 in win 7
I wonder if it will have any affect on WEI scores for graphics preformance?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is an optional update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
> that claims to improve graphics performance.
> Here is the download link.
> I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
> Carlos

Maratonmannen

For me the graphics score in WEI went up from 6.8 to 6.9 after installing the
update.

--
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Core™ 2 Extreme X6800

"Kue2" wrote:

> Hi Carlos
> Thanks for posting, I loaded the update for direct x 11 in win 7
> I wonder if it will have any affect on WEI scores for graphics preformance?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > There is an optional update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
> > that claims to improve graphics performance.
> > Here is the download link.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> > I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
> > Carlos

Kue2

Hi Maratonmannen

Both my scores stayed the same after applying update
to Direct X 11. Graphics score: Graphics 7.4 & Graphics Gaming 7.4

"Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For me the graphics score in WEI went up from 6.8 to 6.9 after installing
> the
> update.
>
> --
> Asus P5Q Deluxe
> Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
> 2 x VelociRaptor RAID 0
> 8GB DDR2 1066MHz
> GeForce 8800GTX
> Eizo 30" 2560x1600
> LAN 100/100
> XP x64 SP2 - Vista x64 SP2 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in tripleboot
>

> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> Hi Carlos
>> Thanks for posting, I loaded the update for direct x 11 in win 7
>> I wonder if it will have any affect on WEI scores for graphics
>> preformance?

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > There is an optional update:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560
>> > that claims to improve graphics performance.
>> > Here is the download link.
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>> > I have had no chance to benchmark it so far.
>> > Carlos

Drew

My scores also stayed a steady 7.4. running twin Toxic ATI 4850's

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Maratonmannen
>
> Both my scores stayed the same after applying update
> to Direct X 11. Graphics score: Graphics 7.4 & Graphics Gaming 7.4
>
> "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For me the graphics score in WEI went up from 6.8 to 6.9 after installing
>> the
>> update.
>>
>> --
>> Asus P5Q Deluxe
>> Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
>> 2 x VelociRaptor RAID 0
>> 8GB DDR2 1066MHz
>> GeForce 8800GTX
>> Eizo 30" 2560x1600
>> LAN 100/100
>> XP x64 SP2 - Vista x64 SP2 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in tripleboot
>>

>> "Kue2" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Carlos
>>> Thanks for posting, I loaded the update for direct x 11 in win 7
>>> I wonder if it will have any affect on WEI scores for graphics
>>> preformance?
>>>
>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Filming in 24P mode on a camcorder improves low light performance? David C Digital Photography 21 07-20-2007 08:09 PM
[ANN] xmlBlueprint XML Editor 3.9 improves Unicode support a XML 0 12-20-2005 07:12 PM
Asynchronous Messages (using JMS) improves performance even when the desired comm. mode is synchronous eJAYBee Java 0 12-10-2004 08:52 PM
how well it improves career Radhi MCSD 2 09-08-2004 11:19 PM
System.gc() improves the performance? Ahmed Moustafa Java 6 09-02-2003 03:21 PM

Advertisments