Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Temporary Internet Files

Temporary Internet Files

Ragnar

Whenever I run Ccleaner it always finds many megabytes of Temporary Internet
Files in Internet Explorer, sometimes hundreds of MB. As I don't use IE (I
use Firefox) this is a bit of a mystery.

Any ideas?
TIA
R.

- Bobb -

"Ragnar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Jf3fo.17556$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Whenever I run Ccleaner it always finds many megabytes of Temporary
> Internet Files in Internet Explorer, sometimes hundreds of MB. As I don't
> use IE (I use Firefox) this is a bit of a mystery.
>
> Any ideas?
> TIA
> R.

I assume in "TEMP" folder.
Where is your Temp folder ?
Have you redefined it ? Maybe it's IE/Temp files ?
XP ? to check it ...
Start- control panel - system - advanced - environmental settings
change it to wherever you'd like it to be.

If you don't use IE at all, minimize the disk space assigned to it:
Start- control panel - Internet Options - general tab click Settings or
Browsing settings and change it to ... 10mb ? Default is a much larger
number ( varies with edition but used to be 10% of free space).

Ragnar

"Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ragnar wrote:
>> Whenever I run Ccleaner it always finds many megabytes of Temporary
>> Internet Files in Internet Explorer, sometimes hundreds of MB. As I
>> don't use IE (I use Firefox) this is a bit of a mystery.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> TIA
>> R.

> Temp files are NOT "in" Insanity Exploder.

You're a bit of a nit picker aren't you? The files are under the heading of
'Internet Explorer' in Ccleaner. All right now?

Anyway I now think the files may be something to do with attachments in
Outlook Express (which I DO use) rather than IE.

R.