Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: usb fm sender

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: usb fm sender

 
 
Squiggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-30-2010
On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
intarwebs:
> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
> the house. It works really well.
> They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
> to plug into car lighter sockets.
>
> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
>
> TIA
> Reg



http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684

Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
slow.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
>intarwebs:
>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
>> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
>> the house. It works really well.
>> They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
>> to plug into car lighter sockets.
>>
>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
>>
>> TIA
>> Reg

>
>
>http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
>
>Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
>slow.



Rubbish they are not slow.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010
William Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
>> intarwebs:
>>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
>>> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
>>> the house. It works really well.
>>> They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
>>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
>>> to plug into car lighter sockets.
>>>
>>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
>>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Reg

>>
>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
>>
>> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
>> slow.

>
>
> Rubbish they are not slow.


About the only time I think I will agree with you

They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

NZ post sometimes have a go slow with airmail, but that affects
everything from hong kong. I try to find singapore or thai ebay sellers
for that reason.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Squiggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010
On 31/08/2010 6:56 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
> William Brown wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
>>> intarwebs:
>>>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
>>>> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
>>>> the house. It works really well. They do not sell them any longer
>>>> and all my searches turn up are
>>>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
>>>> to plug into car lighter sockets.
>>>>
>>>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
>>>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
>>>>
>>>> TIA Reg
>>>
>>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
>>>
>>> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
>>> slow.

>>
>>
>> Rubbish they are not slow.

>
> About the only time I think I will agree with you
>
> They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
> because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
> expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.


Thats the exact opposite of my dealings with them, the quickest they
have ever shipped anything I've ordered is 4 days, the order I placed on
the 17th of this month hasn't shipped yet, and I'm just hoping it gets
shipped by the time I check on Monday otherwise I'll probably cancel it
as it will arrive too late to be any use to me.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Squiggle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2010
On Aug 31, 7:29*pm, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 31/08/2010 6:56 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
>
>
>
> > William Brown wrote:
> >> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> wrote:

>
> >>> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
> >>> intarwebs:
> >>>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
> >>>> *It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
> >>>> the house. It works really well. They do not sell them any longer
> >>>> and all my searches turn up are
> >>>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
> >>>> to plug into car lighter sockets.

>
> >>>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
> >>>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.

>
> >>>> TIA Reg

>
> >>>http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684

>
> >>> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
> >>> slow.

>
> >> Rubbish *they are not slow.

>
> > About the only time I think I will agree with you

>
> > They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
> > because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
> > expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

>
> Thats the exact opposite of my dealings with them, the quickest they
> have ever shipped anything I've ordered is 4 days, the order I placed on
> the 17th of this month hasn't shipped yet, and I'm just hoping it gets
> shipped by the time I check on Monday otherwise I'll probably cancel it
> as it will arrive too late to be any use to me.


The items i ordered on the 17th finally shipped on the 3rd (except, as
murphy's law dictates, the one item I actually need on a date not too
far in the future) after I lodged an enquiry with customer service .
The DX website said they shipped on the 31st, but the HK post tracking
number says picked up on the 3rd, and the courier attempted delivery
yesterday (6th).

The one item I really need finally shipped today (according to DX, no
tracking number supplied), hopefully it also takes less than a week
to arrive.

I stand by my claim that DX can be bloody slow. If you need something
in a hurry, buy locally.
In contrast to Richard's experiences i've found Dealextreme = slow and
HKpost/NZpost = bloody quick.
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2010
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Aug 31, 7:29*pm, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 31/08/2010 6:56 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
>>
>>
>>
>> > William Brown wrote:
>> >> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> >> wrote:

>>
>> >>> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters down the
>> >>> intarwebs:
>> >>>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
>> >>>> *It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
>> >>>> the house. It works really well. They do not sell them any longer
>> >>>> and all my searches turn up are
>> >>>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
>> >>>> to plug into car lighter sockets.

>>
>> >>>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
>> >>>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.

>>
>> >>>> TIA Reg

>>
>> >>>http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684

>>
>> >>> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
>> >>> slow.

>>
>> >> Rubbish *they are not slow.

>>
>> > About the only time I think I will agree with you

>>
>> > They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
>> > because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
>> > expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

>>
>> Thats the exact opposite of my dealings with them, the quickest they
>> have ever shipped anything I've ordered is 4 days, the order I placed on
>> the 17th of this month hasn't shipped yet, and I'm just hoping it gets
>> shipped by the time I check on Monday otherwise I'll probably cancel it
>> as it will arrive too late to be any use to me.

>
>The items i ordered on the 17th finally shipped on the 3rd (except, as
>murphy's law dictates, the one item I actually need on a date not too
>far in the future) after I lodged an enquiry with customer service .
>The DX website said they shipped on the 31st, but the HK post tracking
>number says picked up on the 3rd, and the courier attempted delivery
>yesterday (6th).
>
>The one item I really need finally shipped today (according to DX, no
>tracking number supplied), hopefully it also takes less than a week
>to arrive.
>
>I stand by my claim that DX can be bloody slow. If you need something
>in a hurry, buy locally.
>In contrast to Richard's experiences i've found Dealextreme = slow and
>HKpost/NZpost = bloody quick.




May be they just don't like you..?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RTCP:Can a sender sender reception report blocks in an SR packet for recievers for which it hasn't recieved any RTP data? jon wayne VOIP 0 05-20-2006 12:23 PM
Re: fix a "sender" name in the "sender" field on email Dylan Parry HTML 2 03-19-2005 04:21 PM
Sender Virus-alert (sender: python-list@python.org) Antivirus-Daemon@mercurio.ulpgc.es Python 0 08-20-2003 04:35 PM
Sender Virus-alert (sender: python-list@python.org) Antivirus-Daemon@maciot.ulpgc.es Python 0 08-19-2003 12:40 PM
Why are sender and object used as in sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs? Showjumper ASP .Net 2 08-02-2003 10:53 PM



Advertisments