Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: usb fm sender

Re: usb fm sender

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:59:10 +1200, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>XH1927

Try searching for LineX USB.
Good luck!

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:40:20 +1200, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:59:10 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>XH1927

>Try searching for LineX USB.
>Good luck!

Found this as well http://www.wholehousefmtransmitter.com/ but dosh
requested is $preposterous$ and it seems to be analogue input only, as
is this more reasonably priced one -
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-tran...ansmitter.aspx

I say again though that this one -
http://www.myfmstation.com/store/pro...products_id/49 seems
to be the same as the DSE one.

Cheers!

Richard

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Thanks for all this
> In fact my search for LineX USB turned up the myfmstation site and you
> are right. It looks identical to the dse one. I have ordered one.
> They are based in Canada and the way the order has been handled so far
> gives me hope.

Oh, same issue as the DSE one that it only transmits on freqs that are
all in use by LPFM stations.

If its from north america, the pre emphasis will be wrong, but to be
honest all the chinese FM TX's I have tried have been set up for north
americas equalization anyway.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:44:20 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:45:11 +1200, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:40:20 +1200, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Try searching for LineX USB.
>>>Good luck!

>>Found this as well http://www.wholehousefmtransmitter.com/ but dosh
>>requested is $preposterous$ and it seems to be analogue input only, as
>>is this more reasonably priced one -
>>http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-tran...ansmitter.aspx
>>
>>I say again though that this one -
>>http://www.myfmstation.com/store/pro...products_id/49 seems
>>to be the same as the DSE one.
>>

>>Cheers!

>Thanks for all this
>In fact my search for LineX USB turned up the myfmstation site and you
>are right. It looks identical to the dse one. I have ordered one.
>They are based in Canada and the way the order has been handled so far
>gives me hope.

Good one! Interested to learn what range they achieve. (My DSE one
gets embarassingly far)

William Brown

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:58:07 +1200, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all this
>> In fact my search for LineX USB turned up the myfmstation site and you
>> are right. It looks identical to the dse one. I have ordered one.
>> They are based in Canada and the way the order has been handled so far
>> gives me hope.

>Oh, same issue as the DSE one that it only transmits on freqs that are
>all in use by LPFM stations.
>
>If its from north america, the pre emphasis will be wrong, but to be
>honest all the chinese FM TX's I have tried have been set up for north
>americas equalization anyway.

If you have details of the Tuner TX chip used, it would be very easy to
change it, or may be the driver software has the option..

Richard

William Brown wrote:
> If you have details of the Tuner TX chip used, it would be very easy to
> change it, or may be the driver software has the option..

Freq is just a hardware switch, USB interface is just a USB audio
device, looks like the stereo encode is done in hardware so no
possibility of changing that in the driver, but you could possibly apply
some eq software wise to correct it.

William Brown

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:28:58 +1200, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>William Brown wrote:
>> If you have details of the Tuner TX chip used, it would be very easy to
>> change it, or may be the driver software has the option..

>Freq is just a hardware switch, USB interface is just a USB audio
>device, looks like the stereo encode is done in hardware so no
>possibility of changing that in the driver, but you could possibly apply
>some eq software wise to correct it.

The USB port controls the Tuner TX so there is possibility to change it,
I have made ones of the Audio ones that used a Custom IC.

Richard

William Brown wrote:

> The USB port controls the Tuner TX so there is possibility to change it,
> I have made ones of the Audio ones that used a Custom IC.

Must be improved from the DSE one like the OP had which I briefly tried
from DSE before returning it.

Limited to the LPFM band is crazy for a itrip like device since in most
places there are stations every 0.2MHz in the LPFM band, with none of
them properly recieveable as a result.