Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Konica Minolta lens?

Reply
Thread Tools

Konica Minolta lens?

 
 
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2010
....As another post to rec.video says, my Sony camcorder died (DCR HC 32-E -
mini DV) and as the Sony service sucks, it's not worth repairing (they
charge a flat rate of 50 euros just to looak at it-the screen is toast-plus
spare parts, plus work). So, I decided this time not to pay the Sony tax,
and after a small market research I decided that the JVC everio GZ-MS95SEU
is the one for me, 179 euros. What makes me wonder, though, is that in its
specs, says it has a Konica-Minolta lens. I thought that K-M went out of
business? Anyway, here's the spec URL, unfortunately only in german (the JVC
UK site doesn't have this model-it's a solid state SD camcorder with an
800kpixel sensor).
<http://jdl.jvc-europe.com/product.php?id=GZ-MS95SEU&catid=100139&sub=feature#product-tabs>


--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-30-2010
Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
>
> ...As another post to rec.video says, my Sony camcorder died (DCR HC 32-E -
> mini DV) and as the Sony service sucks, it's not worth repairing (they
> charge a flat rate of 50 euros just to looak at it-the screen is toast-plus
> spare parts, plus work). So, I decided this time not to pay the Sony tax,
> and after a small market research I decided that the JVC everio GZ-MS95SEU
> is the one for me, 179 euros. What makes me wonder, though, is that in its
> specs, says it has a Konica-Minolta lens. I thought that K-M went out of
> business? Anyway, here's the spec URL, unfortunately only in german (the JVC
> UK site doesn't have this model-it's a solid state SD camcorder with an
> 800kpixel sensor).
> <http://jdl.jvc-europe.com/product.php?id=GZ-MS95SEU&catid=100139&sub=feature#product-tabs>



Oh, c'mon...those flash-based "camcorders" are little more than toys,
are they not?

In September of 2009, I'd stumbled upon a JVC "GR-DA30U" MiniDV unit,
at a local K-Mart store. It was brand-new and being clearanced, at
$80 USD. (The GR-DA30U's best feature is its 30x optical zoom, most
probably.)

Frankly, I only gave the JVC a brief test, back then (and haven't
tried it, since). I was already aware that MiniDV provides the
highest resolution, among these camcorder formats (i.e., better
than the devices which use recordable DVD, hard disks or memory
cards).

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010

? "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
>>
>> ...As another post to rec.video says, my Sony camcorder died (DCR HC
>> 32-E -
>> mini DV) and as the Sony service sucks, it's not worth repairing (they
>> charge a flat rate of 50 euros just to looak at it-the screen is
>> toast-plus
>> spare parts, plus work). So, I decided this time not to pay the Sony tax,
>> and after a small market research I decided that the JVC everio
>> GZ-MS95SEU
>> is the one for me, 179 euros. What makes me wonder, though, is that in
>> its
>> specs, says it has a Konica-Minolta lens. I thought that K-M went out of
>> business? Anyway, here's the spec URL, unfortunately only in german (the
>> JVC
>> UK site doesn't have this model-it's a solid state SD camcorder with an
>> 800kpixel sensor).
>> <http://jdl.jvc-europe.com/product.php?id=GZ-MS95SEU&catid=100139&sub=feature#product-tabs>

>
>
> Oh, c'mon...those flash-based "camcorders" are little more than toys,
> are they not?
>
> In September of 2009, I'd stumbled upon a JVC "GR-DA30U" MiniDV unit,
> at a local K-Mart store. It was brand-new and being clearanced, at
> $80 USD. (The GR-DA30U's best feature is its 30x optical zoom, most
> probably.)
>
> Frankly, I only gave the JVC a brief test, back then (and haven't
> tried it, since). I was already aware that MiniDV provides the
> highest resolution, among these camcorder formats (i.e., better
> than the devices which use recordable DVD, hard disks or memory
> cards).

I don't know if they're more than toys, that one seems good enough. It was
impossible to find any tape based camcorders in any shop I visited here.
Only a cheap-looking Samsung one, for 160 euros in Germanos. They don't even
have any that write on DVDs directly. It's all memory card and hard drives
now. The only mini DV one I saw was a 3 CCD Panasonic, but that was 700
euros and I can't afford that, and besides I just want to film my niece (3
1/2), I don't want anything really serious, like an amateur film or
whatever. And I have become tired with tapes;I must always have one empty at
hand, and they take up too much space, their only advantage is they being an
archive, but except precious events this is useless.


--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2010
Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
>
> ? "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:
> >>
> >> ...As another post to rec.video says, my Sony camcorder died (DCR HC
> >> 32-E - mini DV) and as the Sony service sucks, it's not worth repairing
> >> (they charge a flat rate of 50 euros just to looak at it-the screen is
> >> toast-plus spare parts, plus work). So, I decided this time not to pay
> >> the Sony tax, and after a small market research I decided that the JVC
> >> everio GZ-MS95SEU is the one for me, 179 euros. What makes me wonder,
> >> though, is that in its specs, says it has a Konica-Minolta lens. I
> >> thought that K-M went out of business? Anyway, here's the spec URL,
> >> unfortunately only in german (the JVC UK site doesn't have this
> >> model-it's a solid state SD camcorder with an 800kpixel sensor).
> >> <http://jdl.jvc-europe.com/product.php?id=GZ-MS95SEU&catid=100139&sub=feature#product-tabs>

> >
> >
> > Oh, c'mon...those flash-based "camcorders" are little more than toys,
> > are they not?
> >
> > In September of 2009, I'd stumbled upon a JVC "GR-DA30U" MiniDV unit,
> > at a local K-Mart store. It was brand-new and being clearanced, at
> > $80 USD. (The GR-DA30U's best feature is its 30x optical zoom, most
> > probably.)
> >
> > Frankly, I only gave the JVC a brief test, back then (and haven't
> > tried it, since). I was already aware that MiniDV provides the
> > highest resolution, among these camcorder formats (i.e., better
> > than the devices which use recordable DVD, hard disks or memory
> > cards).

>
> I don't know if they're more than toys, that one seems good enough. It was
> impossible to find any tape based camcorders in any shop I visited here.
> Only a cheap-looking Samsung one, for 160 euros in Germanos. They don't even
> have any that write on DVDs directly. It's all memory card and hard drives
> now. The only mini DV one I saw was a 3 CCD Panasonic, but that was 700
> euros and I can't afford that, and besides I just want to film my niece (3
> 1/2), I don't want anything really serious, like an amateur film or
> whatever. And I have become tired with tapes;I must always have one empty at
> hand, and they take up too much space, their only advantage is they being an
> archive, but except precious events this is useless.



Okay, I forgot that MiniDV camcorders have been phased out. (Which
is why K-Mart was selling the GR-DA30U, so cheaply.)

Too bad, as MiniDV's "replacements" are generally pretty crummy.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Konica Minolta - Dimage Z1 Digital Camera JStONGE123 Digital Photography 9 04-16-2004 08:41 PM
Konica Minolta DiMage Z2 R Digital Photography 1 04-16-2004 05:36 PM
ANN: Konica Minolta A2 Discussion Group HIGHQ Digital Photography 1 02-21-2004 10:12 AM
Konica Minolta Doc Digital Photography 3 10-21-2003 07:48 PM
Where to buy the Konica 510z or Minolta G500 Stan Accrington Digital Photography 0 08-22-2003 07:47 PM



Advertisments