Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Can't access networlc PCs

Re: Can't access networlc PCs

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

I am trying to build my network with a Netgear WPNMR824 router, cable modem,
3 wireless laptops and a desktop connected to the router by LAN. It is a
mixture of XP Pro and XP Home all patched to SP2 and using Windows firewall.
All PCs are part of the same workgroup. I have turned security off on the
wireless router. All PCs can access the internet and the shared printer on
the desktop. No networked PCs appear under "My Network Places" but I can see
them under "View workgroup computers". If I try to access any of these
workgroup computers (other than the one that I am logged onto) I get the
message that the computer is not accessible, I might not gave permissions and
the network path is not found.
I appreciate that I am making an obvious mistake somewhere but I would be
grateful if somebody could point me in the correct direction.
Many thanks.
Paul