Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ATI Catalyst's 10.8 are out

ATI Catalyst's 10.8 are out

Carlos

The usual monthly release is out.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
A couple of performance improvements in games (crossfire) and a few fixes
for the rest of us.

Carlos

Martin Riddle

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They enable contrast boosting,edge enhancement, and digital noise
> reduction by default now. Last thing we need is more people thinking
> this crap improves PQ. We got enough of them ruining my Blu rays.

Ok, so what would be a cost effective ATI card? Any cad people here,
I'm in the market for one.

This ATI 100-505606 FirePro V4800 1GB GDDR5 PCI caught my eye,

What are you guys using?

Cheers

John John - MVP

On 8/26/2010 8:10 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
> "Jim"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They enable contrast boosting,edge enhancement, and digital noise
>> reduction by default now. Last thing we need is more people thinking
>> this crap improves PQ. We got enough of them ruining my Blu rays.
>>

> Ok, so what would be a cost effective ATI card? Any cad people here,
> I'm in the market for one.

Check with the vendors of the CAD program in question, some cards work
better with some packages than others and most CAD software companies
have a list of approved and tested cards for their programs. Also ask
the users of the software on the user forums for your software, these
users will know what works best and what to avoid.

John