Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Impersonation doesn't help.

Impersonation doesn't help.

=?Utf-8?B?RG1pdHJp?=

It seems I got stuck with interesting problem.
I'm trying to send email using System.Web.Mail and connecting to my mail on different server (not IIS Smtp Server).

Now my problem is, if I run my code in winforms application it works perfectly, but if i put exactly same code into my web application it gives me error saying it cant connect to server.

Now I thought if i impersonate account im logged in as, it would fix my problem, by using System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurre nt.Name i can see that my web application impersonated my account just fine, but it still hasnt fixed my problem.

Please can someone direct me where is my problem?

Best regards,
Dmitri.

Yuri Belenky

Be sure that you use delegatable protocol. Check into your codebehind the
type of authentification. If this type is equal to NTLM than it the core of
your problem. NTLM does not support delegation.
Only Kerberos and Basic Auth.
"Dmitri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems I got stuck with interesting problem.
> I'm trying to send email using System.Web.Mail and connecting to my mail

on different server (not IIS Smtp Server).

> Now my problem is, if I run my code in winforms application it works

perfectly, but if i put exactly same code into my web application it gives
me error saying it cant connect to server.

> Now I thought if i impersonate account im logged in as, it would fix my

problem, by using System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurre nt.Name
i can see that my web application impersonated my account just fine, but it
still hasnt fixed my problem.

> Please can someone direct me where is my problem?
>
> Best regards,
> Dmitri.

=?Utf-8?B?RG1pdHJp?=

Hi, Yuri.
Thanks for reply.

How would I check what protocol am I using?

I do use this method for authentication:
System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFr omLoginPage(txtUsername.Text, True)

Could that cause problem?

Best regards,
Dmitri Lipski.

Impersonation code Pramod ASP .Net 1 05-12-2005 09:56 PM
Problem with impersonation and delegation Kelly D. Jones ASP .Net 1 09-12-2003 04:43 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Hidulf ASP .Net 1 06-30-2003 05:23 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Raymond Basque ASP .Net 3 06-29-2003 05:18 PM
RE: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Bassel Tabbara [MSFT] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 12:01 AM

Advertisments