Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > XHTML 1.0 Transitional - prevent page caching, how?

XHTML 1.0 Transitional - prevent page caching, how?

Mike S

I am trying to clean up a Wordpress locally hosted blog that uses utf-8
XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and seeing these errors:

Line 606, Column 14: end tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

1735-1829<br><br />

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to
"self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

What is the best way to deal with this? I think Wordpress, or the theme
itself, it introducing the <br> s causing the errors, is OMITTAG
something I can set to YES, and is that recommended?

Mike S

On 8/23/2010 7:24 PM, Mike S wrote:
> I am trying to clean up a Wordpress locally hosted blog that uses utf-8
> XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and seeing these errors:
>

> Line 606, Column 14: end tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
>
> 1735-1829<br><br />
>
> You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to
> "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".
>
> What is the best way to deal with this? I think Wordpress, or the theme
> itself, it introducing the <br> s causing the errors, is OMITTAG
> something I can set to YES, and is that recommended?

Apologies for the incorrect Subject.

The closing tag on the <br> problem was after all caused by the blog
author, I fixed it and now the blog validates, thanks.

Mike