Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft's Social Forums?

Microsoft's Social Forums?

Bobby Johnson

The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
reliable operating system to keep it running properly. I get more
errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
have ever been to.

To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

barb bowman

don't use the web site. get v40 http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ and use
your favorite news reader

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:27:08 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
>apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
>reliable operating system to keep it running properly. I get more
>errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
>have ever been to.
>
>To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
>planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
>an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

Agreed!

Charlie. (Who is finally back connected with the new machine. Thank goodness
for XPMode.)

"barb bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> don't use the web site. get v40 http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ and
> use
> your favorite news reader
>
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:27:08 -0400, Bobby Johnson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
>>apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
>>reliable operating system to keep it running properly. I get more
>>errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
>>have ever been to.
>>
>>To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
>>planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
>>an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

barb bowman

uh oh..

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:30:27 GMT, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thank goodness
>for XPMode

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Charlie Russel-MVP

Back to normalcy. If you're going to shut down your Hyper-V parent, and you
expect to start up normally, it's generally a good idea to unplug the backup
USB drive if you've done something stupid like set it to boot off USB disks
first. DOH!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

"barb bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> uh oh..
>
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:30:27 GMT, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Thank goodness
>>for XPMode

> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

Post your feedback here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...edback/threads

On Aug 21, 2:27*pm, Bobby Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
> apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
> reliable operating system to keep it running properly. *I get more
> errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
> have ever been to.
>
> To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
> planning. *To me it's a screwed up mess. *I sincerely hope this is not
> an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

R. C. White

Hi, Bear.

I've seen your identical posts here (and elsewhere) several times. Did
someone at Microsoft ask you to post these?

That link to the Answers.Feedback forum is USELESS! :>(

As the second "Sticky" post there (posted by Barb Winter, MSFT,
Administrator,. on May 11, 2009!) says:
"Technical questions are NOT answered in this forum; they are moved."

Still, it seems that 99% of the posts there ARE about tech issues.
Sometimes they are moved, but many times the poster is simply told to "find
the more-appropriate forum". Links to the Forums are, at best, simply
pointers to a field of haystacks where we are invited to pick one, more or
less at random, to search for our needles. And, if it is a question that
would normally be posted to THIS "windows.64bit.general" newsgroup, there is
NO appropriate forum at all.

THAT's what we've been concerned about for months here. MSFT has not seen
fit to create such an appropriate 64-bit forum.

Don't take this personally, Bear. I know you are a Good Guy and One of Us.
But you probably haven't seen the messages here about this "Where does THIS
newsgroup go?" issue over the past months. We've been trying hard to get a
suitable forum established, with no positive response from The Powers That
Be. Keith Combs and a few others did respond a month or two ago, but
whatever effort they made must have died on the vine because we've heard
nothing about it in several weeks now. Looks like they just waited until
the hubbub died down and then went ahead with what they had planned all
along.

If you have a link to THE RIGHT FORUM, we'd LOVE to have it! But please
don't send us to Answers.Feedback again.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:
> The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
> apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
> reliable operating system to keep it running properly. I get more
> errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
> have ever been to.
>
> To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
> planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
> an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

RSS is a failure when used for social search and tagging - is there another XML scheme that developers might use? Jake Barnes XML 2 01-03-2006 05:04 AM
Social Engineering Sites Jeffeh Computer Support 6 03-23-2005 02:33 AM
OT: social research kpg MCSE 3 06-11-2004 11:41 AM
UK Social research job to suit Excel programmer (not necessarily VBA) Duncan Smith Python 4 05-29-2004 10:36 PM
Social Engineering Angela Kahealani Computer Security 10 01-31-2004 09:51 AM

Advertisments