Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > logging module -> Miss messages if don't flush constantly? How set toflush constantly?

logging module -> Miss messages if don't flush constantly? How set toflush constantly?

Chris Seberino

It looks like I can miss some logging messages if I don't flush after
every one....is that true?

This is an issue when program crashes so that logger didn't get a
chance to print everything.

Is there some way to set logging to constantly flush?

Peter Otten

Chris Seberino wrote:

> It looks like I can miss some logging messages if I don't flush after
> every one....is that true?

As far as I can tell from the 2.6 source the StreamHandler does flush after
each record.

Peter