Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: See you guys in ten years , I'm off to prison

Re: See you guys in ten years , I'm off to prison

Meat Plow

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:

> This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified for
> Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent address he
> had his check sent to my house
>
> c/o my name
>

> When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
> thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
>

> It's all sorted out now
>
> he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
>

> but I am really embarrassed big time...
>
> anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
>
> see ya all in ten years
>

> sheesh

Have fun!

Meat Plow

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:28:22 -0500, philo wrote:

> On 08/21/2010 10:21 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:
>>
>>> This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified
>>> for Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent
>>> address he had his check sent to my house
>>>
>>> c/o my name
>>>

>>> When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
>>> thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
>>>

>>> It's all sorted out now
>>>
>>> he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
>>>

>>> but I am really embarrassed big time...
>>>
>>> anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
>>>
>>> see ya all in ten years
>>>

>>> sheesh

>> Have fun!
>>

> They have not come for me yet

Oh well. When they do I highly recommend the fried baloney sandwich on
white moldy toast for breakfast.....lunch....and dinner.

Aardvark

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:28:22 -0500, philo wrote:

> On 08/21/2010 10:21 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:08 -0500, philo wrote:
>>
>>> This friend of mine who had been living in a rooming house qualified
>>> for Social Security in Feb... Since he did not have a permanent
>>> address he had his check sent to my house
>>>
>>> c/o my name
>>>

>>> When the first check arrived all I saw was my own name and $$$$$... I
>>> thought it was my tax return and cashed it.
>>>

>>> It's all sorted out now
>>>
>>> he got his money and the amount was removed from my account
>>>

>>> but I am really embarrassed big time...
>>>
>>> anyway, I'm sure the feds will be here soon to take me away
>>>
>>> see ya all in ten years
>>>

>>> sheesh

>> Have fun!
>>

> They have not come for me yet

They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.

--
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and

Aardvark

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:03:11 -0500, philo wrote:

>>> They have not come for me yet

>> They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.
>>

> Good
>
> then everyday I must expect them!!!!

You *must* make sure that you expect them equally every day, then.

--
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and
prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips

§ñühw¤£f

Aardvark wrote:

>>> They will, philo, they will. When you least expect it.
>>>

>> Good
>>
>> then everyday I must expect them!!!!

> You *must* make sure that you expect them equally every day, then.

I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic benefit, his
friend didn't report any theft, and it was an obvious mistake, that
nothing will happen.

<nods>

Meat Plow

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:04:44 -0500, philo wrote:

> On 08/21/2010 06:20 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> They have not come for me yet

>> Oh well. When they do I highly recommend the fried baloney sandwich on
>> white moldy toast for breakfast.....lunch....and dinner.
>>

> One day I sat down for lunch with some of my customers at work
>
> they all discussed how the food was in prison
>

> I guess the baloney is kind of salty
>

> and from what I've heard
>
> there was not much else on the menu!

Depends on where you go. People who are guilty of federal fraud crimes
usually don't get penned in with violent offenders. I'd much rather do
time in Club Fed than say a year in the county jail. So when I decide to
**** up it won't be the county's responsibility except to hold on to me
while the feds do their thing.

Aardvark

That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya ****er.

--
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and
prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips

thanatoid

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i4rb6m$m0c$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

<snip>

>> I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic
>> benefit, his friend didn't report any theft, and it was an
>> obvious mistake, that nothing will happen.
>>
>> <nods>

> That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya ****er.

I could NOT have expressed it better. What a great thread!

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.

Aardvark

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:15:43 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

> Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:i4rb6m$m0c$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I expect that since philo did not get any lasting economic benefit,
>>> his friend didn't report any theft, and it was an obvious mistake,
>>> that nothing will happen.
>>>
>>> <nods>

>> That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya ****er.

> I could NOT have expressed it better.

Oh, I think you could, although not quite as pithily

> What a great thread!

Yes, it is, isn't it.

I don't have time at present to wrote the story, but ask me sometime
about when I was charged with fraud (it was only a technical charge), but
was acquitted.

--
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and
prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips

thanatoid

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i4rc4l$m0c$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

<snip>

>>> That's it. Bring some reality into the mix, ya ****er.

>> I could NOT have expressed it better.

> Oh, I think you could, although not quite as pithily

/looks up "pithily"/

Amen. Sigh.

>> What a great thread!

> Yes, it is, isn't it.
>
> I don't have time at present to wrote the story, but ask me
> sometime about when I was charged with fraud (it was only a
> technical charge), but was acquitted.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and
prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips

WOW! He /deserves/ to have been immortalized by "emo kid".