Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > vuze update

vuze update

Zu Arsschlaark!

i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere.
well Vuze wants to update itself when its running. fair enough!
i get a nice graphic popup with button telling me to update, which i 'ok',
but nothing happens.
i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not doing/done
anything.
it comes back later, of course!
been going on a week or so now.
anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
on winvista64.

Meat Plow

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

> i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
> update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic popup
> with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing happens.
> i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not doing/done
> anything.
> it comes back later, of course!
> been going on a week or so now.
> anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
> on winvista64.

Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
Java.

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
>
>> i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
>> update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic popup
>> with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing happens.
>> i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not doing/done
>> anything.
>> it comes back later, of course!
>> been going on a week or so now.
>> anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
>> on winvista64.

> Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
> Java.
>

> --
> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze among
other things ..

Meat Plow

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...
>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
>>
>>> i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
>>> update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic
>>> popup with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing
>>> happens. i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not
>>> doing/done anything.
>>> it comes back later, of course!
>>> been going on a week or so now.
>>> anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
>>> on winvista64.

>> Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
>> Java.
>>

>> --
>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

> same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
> among other things ..

If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
checkbox.

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
>
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...

>>> Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
>>> Java.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

>> same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
>> among other things ..

> If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
> checkbox.
>

> --
> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now .
the update promises; faster downloads, better library support, imporved
multi torrent file support.
im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock me
out altogether, a la msn messenger.
msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use an
earlier one anymore! ...

Meat Plow

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:52:42 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...
>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
>>
>>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...

>>> same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
>>> among other things ..

>> If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
>> checkbox.
>>

>> --
>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

> sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now . the update promises; faster
> downloads, better library support, imporved multi torrent file support.
> im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock
> me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
> msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use
> an earlier one anymore! ...

I've had no issues with the linux version. Type in a search, the torrent
downloads. I've noticed what seems to be private trackers in the list
also. Demonoid for one. I don't think they have an open tracker. Speed is
good as long as seeding peers are numerous. Most open peers like to limit
outgoing bandwidth. Some are there to just leech. Peer exchange seems to
work ok. Good luck with the updates.

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:52:42 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
>
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed). I.am...

>>> If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
>>> checkbox.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

>> sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now . the update promises; faster
>> downloads, better library support, imporved multi torrent file support.
>> im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock
>> me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
>> msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use
>> an earlier one anymore! ...

> I've had no issues with the linux version. Type in a search, the torrent
> downloads. I've noticed what seems to be private trackers in the list
> also. Demonoid for one. I don't think they have an open tracker. Speed is
> good as long as seeding peers are numerous. Most open peers like to limit
> outgoing bandwidth. Some are there to just leech. Peer exchange seems to
> work ok. Good luck with the updates.
>

> --
> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

thanks i'll see how it goes.
demonoid. i have an account. my seeding is more than my downloads actually,
so no issues there.

chuckcar

"Zu Arsschlaark!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now .
> the update promises; faster downloads, better library support,
> imporved multi torrent file support.
> im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might
> lock me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
> msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to
> use an earlier one anymore! ...

But they don't actually say what their fixing. Cute. just disable it
until you find out *if* they're actually fixing bugs or if the update is
a) actually available or b) the update improves something substantial
(as opposed to the above vagueness) that you need improving.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Tony

Maybe he needs bug spray.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
on the job for potty mouth,

the realm of understandability