Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Problem Reinstalling HP3970 Software

Problem Reinstalling HP3970 Software

Pete Patterson

I have a HP 3970 Scanner connected to a Desktop using WinXP Sp3.
When recently using the scanner, XP unexpectedly rebooted.After that
the scanner would not operate. I uninstalled the scanner software
and now when I try to re-install the software from the scanner CD,
I get the following."Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem
and needs to close". The software is XP compatable and have not had
any previous install problems.
Has anyone encountered this before and knows a solution.
Any help is very much appreciated.

William Brown

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 01:53:33 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Pete Patterson) wrote:

>I have a HP 3970 Scanner connected to a Desktop using WinXP Sp3.
>When recently using the scanner, XP unexpectedly rebooted.After that
>the scanner would not operate. I uninstalled the scanner software
>and now when I try to re-install the software from the scanner CD,
>I get the following."Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem
>and needs to close". The software is XP compatable and have not had
>any previous install problems.
>Has anyone encountered this before and knows a solution.
>Any help is very much appreciated.

Get the latest software from the HP web site.

I had software problems with a HP scanner, found over 3000 hits on
Google, HP sold me a replacement for 1/2 price, the older scanner was
about 2 year old at least..

The HP scanner that I have works OK Model 5470c

Pete Patterson

says...

>Get the latest software from the HP web site.

Thanks for that. I did look at the HP site and found that the software
was the same version as my install CD,so didn't bother to download it. On
reading your reply I decided to download the software anyway.
It installed fine. Why my install CD causes the error has got me beat, but I
now have a working scanner. Thanks for the advice.
Regards
Pete Patterson