Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ModalPopupExtender and Required Field Validator

ModalPopupExtender and Required Field Validator

Mel

Hi, I have a ModalPopupExtender that displays a panel when a button on
the form is clicked. How do I get a required field validator to work
when the user clicks the OK button on the panel? For example, city is
required. I have set the city textbox, the city required field
validator and the OK button in a Validation Group separate from any of
the other controls on the form, however, the city validator is
preventing my form from working as expected (when the panel is not
even visible), it's like it's validating all the time.

(Using VS 2008, AJAX, VB)

Mel

On Aug 20, 9:06*am, Mel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I have a ModalPopupExtender that displays a panel when a button on
> the form is clicked. *How do I get a required field validator to work
> when the user clicks the OK button on the panel? *For example, city is
> required. *I have set the city textbox, the city required field
> validator and the OK button in a Validation Group separate from any of
> the other controls on the form, however, the city validator is
> preventing my form from working as expected (when the panel is not
> even visible), it's like it's validating all the time.
>
> (Using VS 2008, AJAX, VB)

Am I using the wrong AJAX toolkit? I am running .net framework 3.5.
My ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll version says 3.0.31106.0 dated 11/17/2009.