Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Picasa

Picasa

LSMFT

Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
get rid of it.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!

Mike Easter

LSMFT wrote:
> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
> that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
> get rid of it.

Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.

There is Picasa and Picasa Web.

The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
useful for some purposes.

The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -

In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
shows instructions for Picasa):

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...&answer=106509
Picasa Help articles Picasa Managing Your Pictures Name Tags
Enable or disable name tags

--
Mike Easter

LSMFT

Mike Easter wrote:
> LSMFT wrote:
>> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and
>> stop that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop
>> it or get rid of it.

> Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.
>
> There is Picasa and Picasa Web.
>
> The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
> scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
> useful for some purposes.
>
> The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
> Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -
>
> In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
> instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
> shows instructions for Picasa):
>
> http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...&answer=106509
> Picasa Help articles Picasa Managing Your Pictures Name Tags
> Enable or disable name tags

Ok, I found it. trouble is I had to hide 138 faces one at a time until
the directory disappeared. No handy 'select all, delete all' of all things.

--

LSMFT wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> LSMFT wrote:
>>> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and
>>> stop that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop
>>> it or get rid of it.

>> Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.
>>
>> There is Picasa and Picasa Web.
>>
>> The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
>> scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
>> useful for some purposes.
>>
>> The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
>> Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -
>>
>> In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
>> instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
>> shows instructions for Picasa):
>>
>> http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...&answer=106509
>> Picasa Help articles Picasa Managing Your Pictures Name Tags
>> Enable or disable name tags
>>

> Ok, I found it. trouble is I had to hide 138 faces one at a time until
> the directory disappeared. No handy 'select all, delete all' of all things.

If you don't want this thing scanning all your drives and making faces
out of all your files, turn it off right after installing it. Else you
could be deleting them one at a time and taking years if you have
thousands of pictures.

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!

Dan C

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:30 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
> that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
> get rid of it.

Quickest way is to format your hard drive.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he sold Eyore to the glue factory.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:10:10 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:30 -0400, LSMFT wrote:
>
>> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
>> that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
>> get rid of it.

> Q[SLAP]

There's a nice slap for ya, Slaptard.