Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Monitor display is shifted to the left unreasonably and irreparablyregardless of monitor used.

Monitor display is shifted to the left unreasonably and irreparablyregardless of monitor used.

Mechphisto

I have two Acer V223W monitors plugged into the PC, using "Intel HD
Graphics (Core i5)" adapter and Windows 7.
I think this is a Windows issue and not a hardware issue because of
the following behavior... (BTW, if there's a better group for me to
post this to, please let me know!)

It seems that no matter which of the two monitors is plugged into the
VGA port (as opposed to the DVI), that monitor in that port will have
the display shifted far to the left. So far that using the H. Position
adjustment all the way to the right still won't show the whole screen,
and inches of the left-side is missing.
(When that monitor is plugged into the DVI port, it returns to normal
and the other one now in the VGA port will do this.)

The thing is, it started out as normal, and then I hit the "Auto"
button on the one in the VGA port and since that moment the display
shifted and I've not been able to return it.
I've tried all manner of resolution changed, of swapping which one is
main and what side they're on.
I've tried Safe Mode. I've reinstalled the drivers.
Nothing seems to work and return the monitor back to proper display.
Except, if I mirror the screens then the VGA will look fine.
Also, the centering is just fine on the power-on splash screen, and
it's even centered just fine on the Windows loading splash screen! It
shifts over radically only after you log in.

Again, the problem does not follow the monitors, it's specifically
only happening to whichever one it plugged into the VGA.
Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks,
Liam

R. C. White

Hi, Liam.

> (BTW, if there's a better group for me to post this to, please let me
> know!)

Well, the title of this NG does say "64bit", so this is not the best choice.
And dual-monitors is not my strong suit, so I can't help much with your
problem.

As you may not know, Microsoft is in the process of closing ALL its public
newsgroups and said it will close its public news server by October. So
your best bet is to find the appropriate FORUM for your problem. You can
start here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Aug 19, 9:34*am, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, Liam.
>
> > *(BTW, if there's a better group for me to post this to, please let me
> > know!)

> Well, the title of this NG does say "64bit", so this is not the best choice.
> And dual-monitors is not my strong suit, so I can't help much with your
> problem.

Well, it's the OS I have, and I couldn't find a .hardware or .misc
subgroup. Sorry.

> As you may not know, Microsoft is in the process of closing ALL its public
> newsgroups and said it will close its public news server by October. *So
> your best bet is to find the appropriate FORUM for your problem. *You can
> start here:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Oh! I did not know that. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Liam

Kue2

Use system restore to "go back" to when everything was working properly.
Btw don't hit "auto" again.....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

sorted and shifted array Vols C++ 4 06-02-2008 03:40 PM
Start Icon shifted to top left of monitor Hurricane1000 Computer Information 2 08-14-2006 01:55 AM
PIL thumbnails unreasonably large Almad Python 4 05-11-2006 09:21 AM
Picture from Philips DVDR3320V shifted to the right :-( Lars-Erik ěsterud DVD Video 5 01-14-2006 04:49 PM
Unreasonably slow performance when posting DIME attachments Sven Thorsen ASP .Net Web Services 0 05-26-2005 12:22 PM

Advertisments