Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Ordering WCS

Ordering WCS

pfisterfarm

I'm working with a customer that has several WLC in place and working
already. They now want to get a WCS server with location services in
place. Does the licensing strictly depend on the number of APs in use,
not the number or type of WLCs?

For a linux server, the part number I want is AIR-WCS-LL-1.0-K9, isn't
it? Does that part number include any AP licenses? And the additional
APs are licensed in multiples of 50, 100, and 500, correct?

Thanks!

ciscospares.com

ciscospares.com had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/cis...WCS-47398-.htm :
The AIR-WCS-LL-1.0-K9 includes 50 AP Licenses.

pfisterfarm wrote:

> I'm working with a customer that has several WLC in place and working
> already. They now want to get a WCS server with location services in
> place. Does the licensing strictly depend on the number of APs in use,
> not the number or type of WLCs?

> For a linux server, the part number I want is AIR-WCS-LL-1.0-K9, isn't
> it? Does that part number include any AP licenses? And the additional
> APs are licensed in multiples of 50, 100, and 500, correct?

> Thanks!

-------------------------------------

http://www.CiscoSpares.com THE Source for Used Cisco Routers, Switches
and Networking Gear.

| http://forums.cabling-design.com/
| *** a better way to USENET ***
| comp.dcom.sys.cisco - 46097 messages and counting!

pfisterfarm

One of the features we're looking to use is generating heat maps. Can
the standard version do this, or do we need the plus version. The plus
version is needed to support the location appliance, correct? Does the
plus version add anything to the heat maps, more accuracy?

Z-Ordering (Morton ordering) question nbigaouette C Programming 2 11-06-2009 05:26 AM
Migrating existing WLCs to WCS pfisterfarm Cisco 3 05-09-2009 05:23 AM
Cisco 1510 AP and WCS randy Cisco 0 04-24-2007 02:58 PM
Wireless Controller and WCS Design ? DarkFiber Cisco 2 03-28-2007 11:15 AM
newsgroup ordering Simon Nattrass Firefox 3 12-09-2003 02:41 PM

Advertisments