Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS 5.1 and Mozilla Firebird

IIS 5.1 and Mozilla Firebird

saif

Hi all,

I'm working with WinXP and IIS 5.1 and I use Mozilla firebird browser.
When I check localhost I am promted for password but that's not the
problem. Real problem is I am given this error (after posting me to
http://localhost/localstart.asp):

----- Error ------
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

* Error Type:
error '8002801c'

Error accessing the OLE registry.

/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 154

error '8002801c'

Error accessing the OLE registry.

/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17

----- End of Error ------

while other pages which I have created works fine and I would like to
point out that when I use IE I'm not promted password or given any
error. It works fine in IE.

I understand there is no error with IIS or ASP but it is VBScript
which does not work with FIrebird, am I correct. There is no error
with ASP.NET pages.

Thanks for your replies.

Ken Schaefer

The problem here is that a "500 Internel Server Error" is occuring when
accessing the page (I presume localstart.asp). You are then being redirected
to the default HTTP 500 error page, which in turn having problems on line
15.

Line 17 is actually a piece of server-side code:

<%
Set objASPError = Server.GetLastError
%>

so it would be irrelevant whether you where using Firebird (or any other
browser), since server-side code is never seen by the browser. Instead, I
think something is happening (ie an error) in localstart.asp, and you are
being redirected to 500-100.asp and then another error is occuring in
500-100.asp, which is preventing you from getting information about the
initial error.

Is there anything in the Windows Event Logs? (if so, please post the Event
ID, Source and Description). Otherwise, have you tried reinstalling IIS?

Cheers
Ken

"saif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: Hi all,
:
: I'm working with WinXP and IIS 5.1 and I use Mozilla firebird browser.
: When I check localhost I am promted for password but that's not the
: problem. Real problem is I am given this error (after posting me to
: http://localhost/localstart.asp):
:
: ----- Error ------
: HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
: Internet Information Services
:
: Technical Information (for support personnel)
:
: * Error Type:
: error '8002801c'
:
[...]

Bernard

also ensure you had enabled 'anonymous' access, change
the default page to your page, this page by default required admin
privileges.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

"saif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with WinXP and IIS 5.1 and I use Mozilla firebird browser.
> When I check localhost I am promted for password but that's not the
> problem. Real problem is I am given this error (after posting me to
> http://localhost/localstart.asp):
>
> ----- Error ------
> HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
> Internet Information Services
>
> Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
> * Error Type:
> error '8002801c'
>
> Error accessing the OLE registry.
>
> /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 154
>

> error '8002801c'
>
> Error accessing the OLE registry.
>
> /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17
>
> ----- End of Error ------
>
> while other pages which I have created works fine and I would like to
> point out that when I use IE I'm not promted password or given any
> error. It works fine in IE.
>
> I understand there is no error with IIS or ASP but it is VBScript
> which does not work with FIrebird, am I correct. There is no error
> with ASP.NET pages.
>
> Thanks for your replies.

saif

Hello everyone,

Thanks Schaefer there was indeed a 'Access Denied' problem in
localstart.asp which was directing the browser to the error page:
----- Error -----
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
Permission denied: 'GetObject'
----- End of Error -----

And thanks Bernard with your suggestion after adding IUSR_compname to
Administator group there is no problem.

But there is still some problem with Firebird even though I have
upgraded to Firefox (Firebird 0.. There are pages which just does
not load. Browser keeps on loading those pages. Is there some setting
pages like disabling detecting browser type from IIS Config. Although
they work fine in IE 6 and Netscape 7.x.

I can't figure out the problem, if anyone has any solution please help
me. I work mostly in Firefox (Firebird).

Thanks everyone.

Bernard

You should NOT add iusr a/c to admin group, refer
Permission Denied Error on Local Default Web Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=251361

there's nothing special about this file, so you can always replace with your
own page and set it as default doc.