Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google problem with reading Usenet, August 2010

Reply
Thread Tools

Google problem with reading Usenet, August 2010

 
 
Mattsie F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2010
On Aug 23, 5:40 pm, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You are not understanding. If I disagree with a newspaper article or
> Web page, I can get my point of view about that article on the first
> page of Google searches that show that article. I can do that by
> posting on Usenet, even if the searchers don't know what Usenet is. I
> believe that having a high number of stars helps that process. After
> all, Google would ignore a lowly ranked person wouldn't they!



"I believe that having a high number of Google Groups accounts
to vote for my own posts gives my views more prominence. I'm a
clever guy, and this is the clever guy's rent-a-mob."

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matty F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2010
On Aug 24, 10:15 pm, Mattsie F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "I believe that having a high number of Google Groups accounts
> to vote for my own posts gives my views more prominence. I'm a
> clever guy, and this is the clever guy's rent-a-mob."


I have only the one Google account, and I have never voted for myself.
I've never asked anyone to vote for me.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-24-2010
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> As to belief ? .. well people believe all sorts of things, many of them
>> crazy and many/most of them wrong.

>
>So you are happy to pay extra taxes on your power bill and petrol
>because of the ETS that is now in place with the help of the BBC, who
>are the worst example of the propaganda war on carbon dioxide. It is
>our duty to expose bad journalism where possible. Which I have done in
>the above link, if anyone has lost track of the discussion.


... and there you go. You are apparently demonstrating one of the 'crazy and
wrong' beliefs (that climate change is not real). Nuff said really.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Matty F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-25-2010
On Aug 25, 10:57 am, (E-Mail Removed)
(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >> As to belief ? .. well people believe all sorts of things, many of them
> >> crazy and many/most of them wrong.

>
> >So you are happy to pay extra taxes on your power bill and petrol
> >because of the ETS that is now in place with the help of the BBC, who
> >are the worst example of the propaganda war on carbon dioxide. It is
> >our duty to expose bad journalism where possible. Which I have done in
> >the above link, if anyone has lost track of the discussion.

>
> .. and there you go. You are apparently demonstrating one of the 'crazy and
> wrong' beliefs (that climate change is not real). Nuff said really.


So you are happy for the BBC to tell a lie (that rice yields are to
fall because of global warming) because of your 'crazy and wrong'
belief that man-made global warming is real. Note that the BBC has
admitted the error and has retracted the story with an addendum at the
end but has not changed the headline, which hundreds of other media
have now copied without the correction. Are you really happy wirth
that? Are you prepared to allow lies to promote your man-made global
warming beliefs? Does your job have anything to do with that?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-25-2010
In article <7991b007-b31b-4f5e-9641-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
>
> On Aug 25, 10:57 am, (E-Mail Removed)
> (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >> As to belief ? .. well people believe all sorts of things, many of them
> > >> crazy and many/most of them wrong.

> >
> > >So you are happy to pay extra taxes on your power bill and petrol
> > >because of the ETS that is now in place with the help of the BBC, who
> > >are the worst example of the propaganda war on carbon dioxide. It is
> > >our duty to expose bad journalism where possible. Which I have done in
> > >the above link, if anyone has lost track of the discussion.

> >
> > .. and there you go. You are apparently demonstrating one of the 'crazy and
> > wrong' beliefs (that climate change is not real). Nuff said really.

>
> So you are happy for the BBC to tell a lie (that rice yields are to
> fall because of global warming) because of your 'crazy and wrong'
> belief that man-made global warming is real. Note that the BBC has
> admitted the error and has retracted the story with an addendum at the
> end but has not changed the headline, which hundreds of other media
> have now copied without the correction. Are you really happy wirth
> that? Are you prepared to allow lies to promote your man-made global
> warming beliefs? Does your job have anything to do with that?


It would seem your computer is short on RAM. Please try adding some
more.

Anymore nz.comp related issues?

Happy to help.

--
Duncan.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2010
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Aug 25, 10:57 am, (E-Mail Removed)
>(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>> In article

> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >> As to belief ? .. well people believe all sorts of things, many of them
>> >> crazy and many/most of them wrong.

>>
>> >So you are happy to pay extra taxes on your power bill and petrol
>> >because of the ETS that is now in place with the help of the BBC, who
>> >are the worst example of the propaganda war on carbon dioxide. It is
>> >our duty to expose bad journalism where possible. Which I have done in
>> >the above link, if anyone has lost track of the discussion.

>>
>> .. and there you go. You are apparently demonstrating one of the 'crazy and
>> wrong' beliefs (that climate change is not real). Nuff said really.

>
>So you are happy for the BBC to tell a lie (that rice yields are to
>fall because of global warming) because of your 'crazy and wrong'
>belief that man-made global warming is real. Note that the BBC has
>admitted the error and has retracted the story with an addendum at the
>end but has not changed the headline, which hundreds of other media
>have now copied without the correction. Are you really happy wirth
>that? Are you prepared to allow lies to promote your man-made global
>warming beliefs? Does your job have anything to do with that?


Man made or not, the data is convincing. Mistakes happen in all forms and
in all areas. The data remains convincing. Man made or not is irrelevant.
The precautionary principle say it would be insane to ignore the
possibility. The cost of doing something is almost zero (IIRC estimated at
1-2 % of GDP, reduced if "growth" continues, although basing any "economy"
on that isn't clever either). Doing nothing would be crazy. Risk and reward.
Believe what you want, but I like data. No belief is necessary.

As to your popularity drive ( ), 'being popular' does not make you right.
For details, observe any government.

Anyway, this is certainly in the wrong group now, so I won't be replying.







 
Reply With Quote
 
Matty F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2010
On Aug 26, 12:02 pm, (E-Mail Removed)
(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

> Man made or not, the data is convincing. Mistakes happen in all forms and
> in all areas. The data remains convincing. Man made or not is irrelevant.


It's completely relevant if "gobal warming" is man made or not. If
it's not "man made" (i.e. caused by CO2 as claimed by the warmists)
then nothing can be done to change the climate, so we'll have to do
things to mitigate the effect (if any) other than cutting CO2. Hey,
why don't we do those other things anyway, because we know that
cutting CO2 will make no significant difference.

> The precautionary principle say it would be insane to ignore the
> possibility. The cost of doing something is almost zero (IIRC estimated at
> 1-2 % of GDP, reduced if "growth" continues, although basing any "economy"
> on that isn't clever either). Doing nothing would be crazy. Risk and reward.
> Believe what you want, but I like data. No belief is necessary.


The present cost of "doing something" is now in the billions of
dollars.
And NZ is in the forefront of the worlrd with the stupid ETS taxes.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Matty F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2010
On Aug 26, 12:04 am, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It would seem your computer is short on RAM. Please try adding some
> more.


No it's not short on RAM. If your read the other posts you will see
that Google has been having a problem which is now fixed.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Aug 26, 12:02 pm, (E-Mail Removed)
>(Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>
>> Man made or not, the data is convincing. Mistakes happen in all forms and
>> in all areas. The data remains convincing. Man made or not is irrelevant.

>
>It's completely relevant if "gobal warming" is man made or not. If
>it's not "man made" (i.e. caused by CO2 as claimed by the warmists)
>then nothing can be done to change the climate, so we'll have to do
>things to mitigate the effect (if any) other than cutting CO2. Hey,
>why don't we do those other things anyway, because we know that
>cutting CO2 will make no significant difference.


As expected, rubbish.

And not the right group ... take it to alt.religion.

Thanks

>> The precautionary principle say it would be insane to ignore the
>> possibility. The cost of doing something is almost zero (IIRC estimated at
>> 1-2 % of GDP, reduced if "growth" continues, although basing any "economy"
>> on that isn't clever either). Doing nothing would be crazy. Risk and reward.
>> Believe what you want, but I like data. No belief is necessary.

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-31-2010
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Aug 26, 12:04 am, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It would seem your computer is short on RAM. Please try adding some
>> more.

>
>No it's not short on RAM. If your read the other posts you will see
>that Google has been having a problem which is now fixed.


I think you missed the point.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Share-Point-2010 ,Share-Point -2010 Training , Share-point-2010Hyderabad , Share-point-2010 Institute Saraswati lakki ASP .Net 0 01-06-2012 06:39 AM
CFP with Extended Deadline of Mar. 31, 2010: The 2010 InternationalConference on Modeling, Simulation, and Visualization Methods (MSV'10), USA,July 2010 A. M. G. Solo VHDL 0 03-25-2010 12:04 PM
Re: [pygame] pyweek is happening august 02 - august 09 Laura Creighton Python 0 08-05-2007 12:40 AM
Re: [pygame] pyweek is happening august 02 - august 09 Luke Paireepinart Python 0 08-04-2007 07:25 PM
pyweek is happening august 02 - august 09 Laura Creighton Python 0 08-04-2007 06:32 PM



Advertisments