Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Biostar A vs. TA series - difference?

Biostar A vs. TA series - difference?

pawihte

Biostar has two parallel series of motherboards, one with a "T"
prefix and one without. E.g., A785G3 and TA785G3. I can see
little difference in the specs but the T series seems to be
favoured by enthusiasts. Could anyone please explain?

pawihte

Grinder wrote:
> On 8/14/2010 1:41 AM, pawihte wrote:
>> Biostar has two parallel series of motherboards, one with a
>> "T"
>> prefix and one without. E.g., A785G3 and TA785G3. I can see
>> little difference in the specs but the T series seems to be
>> favoured by enthusiasts. Could anyone please explain?

> There really aren't that many motherboards that come in both
> flavors,
> so it's hard to make a comparison. I suspect it has something
> to do
> with their T-POWER series:
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...news.php?id=28
>
> For these matched sets, the TA version features "GPU Green,"
> where as
> the A version does not:
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...n.php?S_ID=490
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=492
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=436
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=459
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=434
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=450
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...n.php?S_ID=415
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=425
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...n.php?S_ID=418
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=429
>
> For this pair of boards, the TA version features "T Power,"
> while the
> A version does not.
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=310
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=321
>
> This might have been the first TA board, as the write-up is
> pretty
> provisional, and can't be compared very well to the A version:
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...on.php?S_ID=17
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us...t.php?S_ID=291

Thanks. A quick glance at the first couple of links still doesn't
make things as clear as I'd like them to be. It will take time to
examine everything in detail.

Meat Plow

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:11:14 +0530, pawihte wrote:

> Biostar has two parallel series of motherboards, one with a "T" prefix
> and one without. E.g., A785G3 and TA785G3. I can see little difference
> in the specs but the T series seems to be favoured by enthusiasts. Could
> anyone please explain?

Buy the favored board.