Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help! Help! I've lost my inbox emails.

Help! Help! I've lost my inbox emails.

joevan

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:44:04 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:05:31 -0600, hwf wrote:
>
>> A jalepeno rubbed in each eye does a better job.

>That, or Optrex.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesnt work that way, so I stole one and
prayed for forgiveness." - Emo Phillips
Here you go if you like corny comedy. What other kind is there?
http://www.emophilips.com/video/video/177

philo

On 08/13/2010 07:15 AM, Alasdair wrote:
> when I switched on my computer last evening, I was shocked to find
> that there were no emails in my Outlook Express inbox for Identity A
> except the "Welcome to Outlook Express 6" which I normally get when I
> initially install Outlook Express from scratch.
>
> By the way, I am running Windows XP with all the service packs and
> Outlook Express is my email client.
>
> After sniffing the smelling salts and thinking about it, I found that
> the inboxes for my various identities appear to have gone to the
> Recycle Bin. I have 7 files called inbox.bak.
>
> Please, is there any way of reading these *.bak files without
> restoring them so that I can find out which file relates to Identity
> A?
>
> All the other identities seem to be OK.
>
> --
> Alasdair.

When Outlook Express compacts the folders
the backups go to your recycle bin

so simply restore them

then if necessary rename them to end with .dbx

To be safe, save a copy of them somewhere

�b�b�b�

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:15:41 +0100, Alasdair wrote:

> when I switched on my computer last evening, I was shocked to find that
> there were no emails in my Outlook Express inbox for Identity A except
> the "Welcome to Outlook Express 6" which I normally get when I initially
> install Outlook Express from scratch.
>
> By the way, I am running Windows XP with all the service packs and
> Outlook Express is my email client.
>
> After sniffing the smelling salts and thinking about it, I found that
> the inboxes for my various identities appear to have gone to the Recycle
> Bin. I have 7 files called inbox.bak.
>
> Please, is there any way of reading these *.bak files without restoring
> them so that I can find out which file relates to Identity A?
>
> All the other identities seem to be OK.

u can just restore it from the bak file

Dan C

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:00:34 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:52:51 +0000, Dan C wrote:

>>> And you call others 'stupid'

>> No, I call *you* stupid.

> In what Universe does someone "other" than you not include me? LMAO!
>
>> Which is quite correct.

> This from a grammar-crippled, illiterate imbecile.

LOL! Pwned. Again.

It's really too easy. Getting boring.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he lay back and lit Piglet's cigarette.

Tony

Why you dick just right click on the files in the recycle bin then left
click on restore.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

beyond the realm of understandability

Meat Plow

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 02:19:40 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:00:34 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

>>> No, I call *you* stupid.

>> In what Universe does someone "other" than you not include me? LMAO!
>>
>>> Which is quite correct.

>> This from a grammar-crippled, illiterate imbecile.

> LOL! Pwned. Again.
>
> It's really too easy. Getting boring.

You got the paint wore off of the wall I got you backed into.

Standard backpedal Pwned screed laughed at.

§ñühw¤£f

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 02:19:40 +0000, Dan C wrote:

>>> In what Universe does someone "other" than you not include me? LMAO!

>>> This from a grammar-crippled, illiterate imbecile.

>> LOL! Pwned. Again.
>>
>> It's really too easy. Getting boring.

> You got the paint wore off of the wall I got you backed into.
>
> Standard backpedal Pwned screed laughed at.

You two tards are well matched.
Better amp it up a bit though, those 90's lames are...well...so 90's.

<nods>

§ñühw¤£f

Aardvark wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:05:31 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> A jalepeno rubbed in each eye does a better job.

> That, or Optrex.

WILL TAHT GET YUO HIGH!?!?!?!?

Meat Plow

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:00:59 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:

>>> LOL! Pwned. Again.
>>>
>>> It's really too easy. Getting boring.

>> You got the paint wore off of the wall I got you backed into.
>>
>> Standard backpedal Pwned screed laughed at.
>>

> You two tards are well matched.
> Better amp it up a bit though, those 90's lames are...well...so 90's.

Yeah we'll just poast edit like you. That will really amp it up huh?

And I'll be sure to post with mommy's computer just like you.

hwf

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed). am>:

>On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:00:59 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow wrote:

for

packs

found

gone to

LMAO!

>>> You got the paint wore off of the wall I got you backed into.
>>>
>>> Standard backpedal Pwned screed laughed at.
>>>

>> You two tards are well matched.
>> Better amp it up a bit though, those 90's lames are...well...so

90's.

>Yeah we'll just poast edit like you. That will really amp it up huh?

Heh.. you wish Chubbs.

>And I'll be sure to post with mommy's computer just like you.

My mom wont let you.
NYEAH....ouch.
Hey fatass, I just got a yz 490. How long yu think before I take dirt
nap with it?

lost messages in OE inbox Jim Beaver Computer Support 3 05-01-2006 09:35 PM
Lost my inbox Gordon Abbot Firefox 1 04-06-2006 10:36 PM
OE inbox lost Patrick Arnoldussen Computer Support 2 05-21-2005 06:05 AM
Inbox lost during update William W. Plummer Firefox 3 10-11-2004 09:10 PM
Lost Inbox in MS Outlook Express 6 Steve Computer Support 0 11-07-2003 04:38 AM

Advertisments