Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Ten days left for Rogues II

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: [SI] Ten days left for Rogues II

 
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2010
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:54:11 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rogues II is due on August 22nd, so you have ten days to create a self
>portrait of yourself doing something other than photography or
>trolling newsgroups. For more info, see the rulz page here:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>


How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
on Monday.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2010
"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...


> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
> on Monday.



Good luck.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2010
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:48:21 -0400, "Peter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>
>> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
>> on Monday.

>
>
>Good luck.

Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward to
is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to prepare me
for the colonoscopy.


--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2010
"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:48:21 -0400, "Peter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>
>>> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
>>> on Monday.

>>
>>
>>Good luck.

> Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
> diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
> more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward to
> is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to prepare me
> for the colonoscopy.
>



I went through the procedure last November. It was not the slightest bit
uncomfortable. (I was under anesthesia) The preparation is a real bear. Not
at all fun.

If we both used that for our shot, it would be difficult to tell who is who.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bowser
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2010


"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:54:11 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Rogues II is due on August 22nd, so you have ten days to create a self
>>portrait of yourself doing something other than photography or
>>trolling newsgroups. For more info, see the rulz page here:
>>
>>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>

>
> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
> on Monday.


If you can get the shot, I'll post it. But if I remember correctly, you'll
be quite out of it during the procedure. It's the prep work the day before
that really sux.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2010
Neil Harrington wrote:
>
> "tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:48:21 -0400, "Peter"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >>
> >>
> >>> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
> >>> on Monday.
> >>
> >>
> >>Good luck.

> > Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
> > diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
> > more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward to
> > is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to prepare me
> > for the colonoscopy.

>
> Indeed, the prep is the only bad part nowadays. The procedure itself
> shouldn't even be "slightly uncomfortable." Most people pretty much sleep
> through it now.



Oh, I also had it done, last October (2009); two small, benign polyps were
removed, as well.

Additionally, I received a color digital photograph, showing four separate
images (which were shot through the colonoscope, itself).

How lovely (NOT)!

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
left shift operator behaves like left rotate when the operand is a variable. pc C Programming 2 06-08-2011 06:58 PM
Help on table align on left of page vs left hanging indent =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?= XML 2 07-16-2007 11:46 AM
Ten days to go until Python-UK... Python 0 04-11-2005 03:32 PM
Left panel on left hand side of desktop on windows xp wish to get rid of Bun Mui Computer Support 1 09-14-2004 03:40 AM
can't reset the left value of a DIV using document.getElementById(thisDiv).style.left = howFarLeft; lawrence Javascript 13 09-04-2004 09:07 PM



Advertisments