Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > xmlrpc and processes

xmlrpc and processes

iu2

Hi,

I have a SimpleXMLRPCServer running on one PC.
I need several ServerProxy-s talking to it, each one running on a
different PC. That is, I run on each PC a client application, that
talks to the one server using xml-rpc.

Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?

Thank you very much

bobicanprogram

On Aug 9, 2:50 am, iu2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a SimpleXMLRPCServer running on one PC.
> I need several ServerProxy-s talking to it, each one running on a
> different PC. That is, I run on each PC a client application, that
> talks to the one server using xml-rpc.
>
> Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
> I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?
>
> Thank you very much

I don't have any direct experience with SimplXMLRPC, but depending on
what you are actually trying to accomplish this technique might also
work:

http://www.icanprogram.com/06py/lesson1/lesson1.html

Since SIMPL messaging is lower down on the stack than XML you could
probably use SIMPL messages to carry XML structured content from
client to server.

bob

Martin P. Hellwig

On 08/09/10 07:50, iu2 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a SimpleXMLRPCServer running on one PC.
> I need several ServerProxy-s talking to it, each one running on a
> different PC. That is, I run on each PC a client application, that
> talks to the one server using xml-rpc.
>
> Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
> I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?
>
> Thank you very much

Yeah should be no problem, you might get some ideas from reading this
'wrapper':
http://code.google.com/p/dcuktec/sou..._server/rpc.py

--
mph

Controlling processes and what to "feed" other processes Marc Heiler Ruby 1 05-24-2009 05:37 PM
Java and xmlrpc? ted holden Java 9 12-08-2004 04:01 PM
Re: xmlrpc, httplib and SSL (HTTP 1.1 XMLRPC client) Etienne Posthumus Python 1 04-01-2004 05:13 PM
xmlrpc / SimpleXMLRPCServer and multi-threading Marco Aschwanden Python 2 12-29-2003 06:28 PM